My parents came in town to visit this weekend, partly for a late birthday visit. She cooked a birthday dinner for me complete with homemade apple pie. it was delicious! It was also just in time for my mom and I to go shopping together so i could get some maternity clothes. I have a few pairs of pants and several dresses/skirts that still fit (for now!) but I'm definately starting to outgrow many of my clothes! I got some cute pants that fit me now and will adjust as I get bigger, and then I also got some things that I won't need for a few more weeks. It was a lot of fun.
By now, the baby is 2 1/2 to 3 inches from head to bottom. At this point, all of the major structures and organs have at least begun to develop, so now they just continue growing and developing. In the coming week (week 13), the face will being looking more humanlike with eyes getting closer and ears moving to the correct spot. The intestines, which originally develop in a bulge outside the body, will move inside. By now the genatalia is developed enough that if the baby was examined outside the womb we could tell what sex it is. It will be at least another 6 weeks, however, before we get an ultrasound and find out.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment