
It's difficult to believe how quickly my little "Ken" is growing up. She turned 15 months this past Monday! I took her for her check up today and she was 21 lbs (25%ile) and 30 3/4 in (75%ile). She is walking all over the place now, trying her best to keep up with the rest of us. Her vocabulary is growing steadily and now includes about 20-25 words (Mama, Daddy, Josie, bye-bye, uh-oh, go, hi, ball, fish, Bible, hop, Amen, all done/all gone, uh-huh, shoes, juice, up, there, this, again, baby, doggy, peek-a-boo,cheese). Her articulation is not the best though and I would probably have to interpret some of her words for other people. Lately she is trying to imitate new words more and does pretty good sometimes, so I'm hoping her vocabulary will really start to expand in the next month or two. She loves looking at books, playing w/ her babies, play-dough, play food and dishes, playing in the sand, and any kind of riding toy or outside activity. Kendall has also picked up on Avery's recent fascination with Disney princesses, and has her own favorite princess songs. Anytime she hears "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty or "A Whole New World" from Aladdin she "sings" along and then says "ga,ga, ga" (again) until you play it again. She has also become quite fond of going places. Anytime I say the word "go", she drops what she's doing, starts saying bye-bye and waving, and makes a bee-line for the door. Probably one of the best changes in her is that she is becoming MUCH less clingy. In fact, she has about done a 180, because now she just walks right up to people sometimes and starts smiling at them and "talking". Before separation anxiety hit at around 6 or 7 months, she was so friendly and just smiled and played with anyone, but I seriously doubted that she would ever be that way again. Today at the Dr's office she did not fuss or cry for one second when I laid her down to get measured, or when the nurse picked her up and took her over to the scale. We have had several visits where I have had to lay her down on the scale instead of sitting her up because she would scream and try to leap off into my arms! She was all smiles while the Dr. was examining her and And when she left, Kendall actually walked over to the door, pointed, and started whimpering like "I want her to come back!" (Or maybe she just wanted to go out the door too) Crazy! She is still sleeping great at night (7:30 or 8 until 7:00 or 7;30), even during a recent period of getting 5 new teeth-ouch! (2 laterals and 3 molars- the 4th is on it's way). She still takes 2 naps a day most of the time (about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs each), although she has a random day every now and then when she won't hardly nap at all! Makes absolutely no sense to me--but we just roll with it! Some of my biggest struggles with Kendall (besides her being so busy and feisty) are her picky eating and her ongoing battle w/ reflux. Good news is, the Dr. increased her dose of Zantac today (doubled it in fact), and gave us a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist. I'm sure I'll have more to report on that because we will probably have to do some "fun" tests to figure out why she is still spitting up and having lots of gurguly, wet burps. The Dr. also said that it was probably OK to give her peanut butter, so I'm hoping that she'll like it so we can squeeze a little more protein into her diet (She only eats pepperoni on pizza and chicken nuggets). If anyone has any bright ideas for picky eaters, especially for feeding them vegetables (she doesn't eat ANY), I'm all ears!

dancing with Avery to princess music

toddling around with her "lovey"-- a MUST for sleeping and car rides

taking care of her baby

"Look at me! I'm having chicken nuggets--again!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment