CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day of School

Avery- 3yrs. 5 months- starting "Jr. Pre-K" as Young Children's World calls it
Kendall- 19 months- starting in the Toddler class at YCW
Last Thursday was Avery and Kendall's first day of school (Mother's Day Out) for the year. Avery was so excited to go back. She has been asking me since the week after school got out when she was going to get to go again. She has lots of the same kids in her class as she did last year, and she was excited about making new friends too. I was really impressed with her teachers at Meet the Teacher night. It sounds like it is definitely going to be more like actual preschool this year and I am excited to see what all she learns. When I picked her up Thurs. afternoon, her teachers said she had a great day and that she was a very smart little girl. I knew I liked her teachers right from the start :)

I had been kind of anxious about Kendall starting school and questioning my decision to put her in 2 days a week. My original thought was that maybe she would adjust more quickly and get more out of it if she went twice a week and really got into the routine. Plus, I remembered that when Avery was in the toddler class, she missed out on a lot of neat activities since she just went once a week in the fall. Well, Kendall started bawling when we dropped her off, which obviously didn't help my anxiety about the whole thing, but I just stayed really busy all be day and kept telling myself that she was in good hands and was probably having a lot of fun. And when I picked her up, they said she had a GREAT 1st day and was just so happy and played so hard and slept the entire nap time, no problem. So hopefully she'll continue enjoying it and stop crying when we drop her off at some point. As for what I'm going to do with my new-found freedom, I am going to be helping Scott out at the office a little bit here and there, cleaning house, running errands, and enjoying a little me time. Scott and I have even talked about how on Mondays we could sneak away to a matinee movie every now and then since he doesn't see patients on that day. Will that ever really happen? I don't know, but it sure is nice to know we could!

This year I was smart and took a few pictures on Meet the Teacher night. I always take the camera on the 1st day, but it is always WAY too crazy to take any pictures. So now at least I have some of their teachers, classrooms, etc at the beginning of the year other than what gets put in their "Me" books.
Avery with her teachers, Mrs. Patty and Mrs. Christy, at Meet the Teacher night
They took a parent/child picture for Kendall's "Me" book on Meet the Teacher night (hopefully the one w/ their camera was better of Kendall)
Kendall made herself right at home in her new classroom on MTT night

0 comments: