CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1st homework assignment

This afternoon I was getting Avery's things ready for school tomorrow since we will be busy w/ church tonight and I remembered she had a "homework" assignment in her folder. It is her first official homework assignment, so she was excited about it. The assignment was to draw a picture of something she did on the fall break. So I set her up at the desk with her crayon box and her paper while I changed her sheets and was cleaning in her room. I decided I was going to let her do it completely on her own unless she asked me for help, which she didn't, and this was the finished product. It is a picture of her and Scott fishing at our church camp-out last Saturday.

I was so impressed! I knew she could draw a person, but she had never drawn people with quite this much detail before. She even got Scott's eye color right and added curls at the end of her hair! I was also surprised that she was able to draw the fishing pole, water, sky, and sun all in the right places.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take the camera to the camp-out, so we don't have any "real" pictures of it. But thanks to Avery, we at least have something to help us remember it! We had a good time throwing rocks in the lake, exploring, sitting around the campfire, watching the kids play with their friends, and Scott took Avery fishing for the first time.

We also had my Mom's birthday lunch at our house last weekend, and I did get a few pictures of that. My aunt, my sister and brother-in-law came over (although you'd never know from the handful of pictures I took),and we had some family-style entrees, bread and salad from Macaroni Grill, some sweet tea from McAllister's, and strawberry cheesecake from La Madeline--yum! Thanks for having a birthday Mom!

Mimi and Poppi w/ Avery and Kendall
Avery enjoyed helping my Mom open her cards and presents
Kendall and Poppi
Kendall's silly spoon trick

1 comments:

momdadz said...

Wow! a picture worthy of framing. Looks like we have a little artist in the family.