CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

21 months

In Kendall's 2nd year of life, I have tried to post something specific about her every 3 months, and that time has come around once again. She is now 21 months old and I am slowly adjusting to thinking of her as an almost-two-yr-old instead of wobbly toddler. It helps that she is now talking in sentences, going to school, and as always, doing her best to keep up with Avery. She's also starting some of those "terrible two" behaviors and finding herself in time-out for throwing fits when she doesn't get her way. Ah, growing pains! Despite it all, she is still such a sweet little girl at heart. Thankfully, she is usually pretty good in public and never seems to get in trouble at school or church. I guess she saves up all her bad behavior for Scott and I! She is like a little sponge, just soaking everything up that she can and often surprising us with the things she knows and picks up on. She sings along with songs now and sings a few on her own like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and ABC's, she counts to 12, knows a few colors, and knows her shapes (except rectangle). She still LOVES reading books and spends literally hours every day either "reading" books on her own or bringing book after book to me to read to her. She also loves dancing to music on the keyboard that we got from one of Scott's dental assistants, watching Barney, and playing with Avery. I also wanted to record some of her Kendall-isms at 21 months:

"My ovey's (lovey's) good to me!"
"I'm a jawa!" (Scott has poisoned both their minds with Star Wars jargon)
"It's good Mommy. I love cum-a-cums!" (golden grahams)
"Uh-huh, I do" (instead of answering yes to questions)-- funny that this was one of Avery's favorite phrases too at this age
"How 'bout. . . dis one Mommy?"
" I want si-nacks" (fruit snacks, which she asks for EVERY day without fail) or
" I want jabies" (strawberries, also asks for every day)
"I want my bish-bush" (toothbrush)

So that's my little Kendall! We are proud of her and love her so much!

dancing to music on the keyboard
Avery and Kendall playing out back. I can't hardly take a picture of one w/out the other in it too. They are thick as thieves these days, although there are plenty of squables and fighting.
checking out a grasshopper

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny how into bugs your girls are! I remember them looking exactly the same way when I took their pics in Ft. Worth!