CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A Day in the Life- December 2009

It has been a long time, like maybe almost a year, since I have done a "Day in the Life" post so I thought now was as good a time as any. If you don't like details stop here since that's the whole point of my post. Here goes:

7:20 Wake up b/c I hear Avery in the living room. When I get in there she says, "Mommy, can we play?" Kids!-- they wake up and hit the ground running!
7:30 Scott leaves. Read library books to Avery at her request.
7:45 Hear Kendall talking in her crib. Go get her and change her diaper.
7:50-8:15 Read more books. A. gets upset b/c I let K. choose one. Wipe K's nose about 20 times as she whines and cries.
8:15 Give K. antibiotic for 2nd ear infection in a month. Eat breakfast.
8:30 A and K are thankfully MUCH happier now that they have full tummies. I do dishes and laundry while they play.
9:00 A wants to pretend Bible stories-- Elisha and the poisonous stew, and then Goliath. Girls crack up when we change the story to David misses w/ the slingshot, runs away and then hops up and down when the giants (yes there are 2 now) stamp on his foot. Kid humor I guess!
9:30 Girls play cave and babies on my bed while I get ready.
10:00 Get girls dressed, including playing dentist office to get them to cooperate better while brushing
10:45 Peel A and K away from chalk/dry erase board to go to library and run errands.
11:00-11:30 Library. Break up fight over who gets to hold movie, then they're good for the rest of the time-- hooray!
11:30- 12:00 Pick up a few items at "the little Wal Mart" (Neighborhood Market) as A. calls it
12:15 Start lunch- frozen pizza (at least it had whole wheat crust!) and fruit
12:45-1:00 Eat lunch. Scold K for throwing chicken nuggets on the floor and watch her pick the raisins out of her raisin bread like a little monkey.
1:00 Clean kitchen. A cracks up watching K dance to music on Princess CD player.
1:20 Start movie and peel K away from her seat by A. She's cries b/c she wants to "watch wif Avey"
1:30 Read K 2 library books and put her down for a nap.
1:30 Check email, address X-Mas cards, and watch rest of movie w/ A
2:00 Read A 2 of her new library books.
2:15 Get A settled for rest time. Work on this post, do Bible study and have prayer time, fold a load of laundry.
3:00 Get A up from rest time. Read her a couple more library books. Wonder how many books I have read today.
3:30 K wakes up. Reluctantly agree to let them watch the Hansel and Gretel movie from the library again. I figure I might as well do something useful and go hang up their laundry. K comes to find me after a little while and plays in A's room until I'm done.
4:00 Scott calls and asks if I want to go to a holiday family open house that one of his referral dentists is having. I rush to change out of my warm-up suit and get the girls ready to go. Somehow, A gets about half of her top eyelashes stuck inside her eye, under the bottom lid. I force her eye open to get them out while she screams. The hazards of having really long, thick eyelashes!
4:30 K sings "Jesus Loves Me" in the car all by herself and melts my heart!
4:45 Arrive at Scott's office to pick him up. Drive out to Argyle where the dentist's office is.
5:30-6:00 Tour office, eat snacks, talk to staff and A gets her picture taken w/ Santa at the open house. K refuses to sit on Santa's lap. Here's the pic they printed out for us... doesn't look very good b/c I scanned it, but I thought it was pretty nice for being free!
6:30-7:15 Eat dinner @ Zaxby's in Keller.
7:15 Head back to office to get Scott's car, then go home.
7:40 Get A and K ready for bed.
8:00 Scott puts K to bed and I put A to bed.
8:20 Work on this post while Scott calls his patients and reads "Business By the Book".
Up next. . .
9:00 Do pilates video w/ Scott, then relax!

0 comments: