CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Part One

Last Saturday after Avery's gymnastics class, the girls and I enjoyed a beautiful day with my family. We all met at PF Chang's for lunch to celebrate my sister's birthday, and then we headed out to the stables to see Amy's horse, Kola. I forgot to bring Avery's helmet, so she didn't get to ride Kola, but she did get to sit on her for a little while. Avery and Kendall both got to pet her, feed her treats, watch Amy brush her and clean her hooves, and then we watched Kola show off her skills a little bit in the arena. Amy has her trained so well and it is really neat to see their working relationship. When she wants Kola to come to her, she gives her this signal where she looks at her and leans to one side. I told Amy that I wished that worked with children too! Ha ha! The girls also had fun chasing the barn cats around and seeing the ducks and turtles in the tank. It was a gorgeous day and a fun start to our week without Scott/Daddy, who is on the Edmond C of C Mexico Mission trip.

checking out one of the barn cats sitting in the windowsill of the office
When I asked Kendall if she wanted to feed Kola a treat she said, "Yea, but I'm just nervous." It was really cute and I had no idea she knew how to use the word 'nervous' correctly!
Kendall and Mimi watching Kola in the arena
Avery wanted to go see the ducks and turtles in the tank
She also had fun climbing on the gate and watching from there
Sitting on sweet Kola
Kendall and Mommy

Monday I took the girls over to Southlake for a girly day. We had lunch at McAlister's, then Avery got her hair done at Sweet n Sassy, and we topped it off with a visit to a really neat toy store called "The Owl's Nest." They had lots of toys out for kids to play with-- a kitchen, a train table, baby dolls and their equipment, a puppet theater, riding toys, etc. I let the girls pick one inexpensive toy each. Avery's choice was a Melissa and Doug ballerina doll craft kit, and Kendall's was a new Hello Kitty journal since she has colored on every page in the other 2 we have. Avery started on her craft right away when we got home. She was very proud of the finished product and very proud of her headband braid they did at the salon. Today we bought all the decorations, tableware, and party favors for Avery's birthday party coming up a the end of the month. Then we went to family night at Chick-Fil-A for free kids meals and entertainment. Stay tuned for more of our Spring Break/Week Without Daddy activities. . .

crazy face- the glitter glue must be getting to her
the proud artist with the cool headband braid

1 comments:

Mike and Amy said...

So cute! I love Avery's hair. Sounds like ya'll are having a fun Break!