Scott and I at the rooftop pool at our hotel before going to the OU reception
Besides spending time at the beach in Miami, we managed to break away from the beautiful sand and water and do a few other things as well. My parents and the kids and I spent one morning at the Miami Children's Museum, which was a lot of fun. They had some beach themed things like a huge boat with kid-sized fishing poles and magnetic fish to catch, and a really neat mosaic sand castle in the lobby that the kids could climb on and slide down. Some of Avery and Kendall's favorites were the bank area, the grocery store, the doctor and dentist area, the fire and police area, and the exhibit where they got to see themselves on TV. We also spent a morning at one of the local malls so that I could get a dress and shoes to wear to the OU reception that they had one night at one of the hotels. I guess Scott didn't know if my parents would be up to babysitting at the hotel and he didn't mention anything about the reception to me, so i did not come prepared for such an event! The girls came into the dressing room with me and then wanted me to go out and model each dress for my parents. So for each dress, they would go out before me and announce me, saying things like, "Presenting, Mommy the beautiful!" It was really cute and will be something I always remember. On Sunday night, Scott and I did get to go to the OU reception at the Lowe's hotel. We had a good time talking with his old professors and the other periodontists and their wives. Afterwards, we hopped in a cab (I felt like I was in a movie or something) and went to dinner with some people from the reception at Joe's Stone Crab, a locally famous restaurant. Despite the VERY long wait and the fact that we did not eat until 10:00, it was amazingly delicious and well worth it. It was so fun to dress up, have adult conversation, eat great food, and stay out late for a change!
family pic before heading out for our date
the kids and I in front of the mosaic sandcastle at the Children's Museum
my cute little firefighter
the girls had a lot of fun dressing up and pretending to be firefighters
Avery was so proud that she figured out how to slide down the pole
shopping for groceries in the pretend market
watching themselves on TV
pretending to be bank tellers
a picture for Daddy
giving their Poppi an exam
"Look Mom, I caught one!"















1 comments:
I loved the story about the girls introducing you from the dressing room. Priceless!
Post a Comment