CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Colorado Vacation

Our major vacation this year was a week-long trip to Colorado over the week of July 4th.  We went to Lake City with my parents for the second time and enjoyed a relaxing week in the mountains with nice cool weather and some fun activities.  The first day Scott and my Dad rented a little boat and took the girls out fishing on Lake San Cristobal.  After lunch, my Mom and Judson and I went out to the lake with them.  Scott and I ended up taking just the girls back out on the boat by ourselves though because it was raining on and off.  Unfortunately, no one caught a single fish!  The girls were so bummed!  I thought it was still fun to go out on the lake and enjoy our surroundings though.  Tuesday we rented a jeep.  Scott and I took the girls on a four-wheel drive road that went through some beautiful Aspens, past some gorgeous waterfalls, and ended up in a mountain meadow.  I lost my camera right after the trip , and I am so upset that I don't have those pictures!  Luckily my Mom took quite a few with her camera, so at least we have pictures of most parts of the trip.  Wednesday was July 4th and we went to the Lake City parade, hung out with my brother-in law and his wife and kids at their cabin (they have been going to Lake City every year with her family for years) and had a picnic lunch.  We took the girls back to Doug and Sheila's cabin area in the afternoon to play Bingo with all the kids in their group.  Sheila had a Bingo set with the little balls in a cage, prizes and everything.  The kids loved it!  Lake City didn't have the usual fireworks because of the burn ban, so that evening we went on a little hike around the property where we were staying and Scott read the girls a Magic Tree House book.  One of the really neat things about the house where we stayed was that they had a salt block right out front and the deer would come up every morning and/or evening for a little treat.  We also enjoyed watching the chipmunks and birds around the house as well as the hummingbirds by San Juan Soda Company where we got ice cream several times.  The cooler weather was so nice for a change and Scott and I enjoyed sleeping with our window open every night.  Thursday we drove over to Gunnison, had lunch at the patio cafe at Three Rivers Resort, and then Scott and I took the girls on a raft trip down the Taylor River.  It ended up cloudy and rainy that afternoon, but everybody still enjoyed the ride and beautiful scenery.  That night we got to go have dinner at the second home belonging to a couple from our church.  Their home/property and the view were amazing, and they were so hospitable.  Friday morning Scott and my Dad did a little more fishing, and then my Mom and I took the girls shopping to find t-shirts and stuffed animals.  After lunch at a pizza place in town, Scott and my Dad watched all the kids while my Mom and I had some fun shopping time.  It was a great vacation that allowed us to spend some fun time together as a family and truly unplug!
deer in front of the house enjoying the salt block
My Dad, Judson and Avery enjoying some ice cream in front of San Juan Soda Company
Avery and Jud on the side of the house
Waving at people on the floats at the July 4th parade.  Forgot to mention that Josie went with us to Colorado this time.
family pic after the parade
relaxing and listening to Daddy read a Magic Tree House book
a Bedichek family picture with Doug, Sheila and 2 of their girls
Swimming at the hotel in Clayton, NM on the trip home.  This one's out of order, but I couldn't seem to move it!
Enjoying more ice cream from San Juan Soda Company.  I also got the most beautiful vase and pottery from here- unlikely combination!  Love this place!
Judson and my Dad playing with hats in the front room of the house.  Jud was obsessed with hats on this trip!
Headed out for a hike around the property
Zimbal/Bedichek family picture

0 comments: