 |
| Kendall with her "Kid with Character" yard sign |
The day before the 3rd six weeks awards, I received an email from Kendall's teacher saying she wanted to give us a heads up that Kendall would be receiving a special award at the program the following day, but not to tell Kendall because it was a surprise. I thought it might be the Kid with Character award because Avery's teacher last year also let us know ahead of time when she was getting that award. But of course I wasn't 100% sure until they actually announced it. So along with her Bell to Bell award for perfect attendance and her Good Citizenship award, she was given the Kid with Character award for the trait of citizenship. On her certificate, Ms. Schindler wrote, "Kendall demonstrates good citizenship by always following the classroom expectations. She works hard to make our classroom a better and cleaner place to learn. Thank you Kendall!" Kendall was very surprised and of course very proud. She loves having her sign in the front yard just like Avery had last year. And speaking of Avery, she also received a special award for the 3rd six weeks. Along with her 'A' Honor Roll, High Attendance, and Good Citizenship awards, she also received an award for outstanding student in PE. It was funny because she had told me just that morning how she had been working really hard in specials so that maybe she would get an award in music, art, or PE. Apparently she was doing just that! I was really proud of her and happy for her. Great job girls! You are both wonderful students!
 |
| I even got my picture taken with the proud award winner! |
 |
| The 3rd six weeks Kindergarten "Kids with Character". |
 |
| showing off her certificate |
 |
| Avery was really surprised and elated about her PE award |
0 comments:
Post a Comment