This year we decided to have a family fondue party on New Year's Eve to help us ring in 2015. I found a recipe for chocolate-peanut butter fondue that turned out to be super yummy and prepared a bunch of fruit, marshmallows, pound cake pieces, graham crackers, etc to use for dipping. The kids took their baths and got all comfy and we dipped until we were stuffed. The kids loved it so much that we decided to make it a new family tradition. Another tradition we began this year which was an idea I stole from a college friend was to start a "Blessings" jar. The kids and I picked up some supplies at Hobby Lobby and I made us a cute little jar with a bow. The idea is to write down blessings from God that we receive during the year and then read them on the following New Year's Eve. That will be a neat thing to do at our fondue party next year.
Here are a few other random photos from January.
 |
| Judson won an IHOP gift card when we played Bingo in Red River, so we went there for pancakes (his favorite) one morning. Every time someone would win a round of Bingo he would say, "Which one you wanna pick- Coffee?" and hold up the IHOP card with the coffee mug on it. He likes to get the silver dollar pancakes and have a different type of syrup on each one. |
 |
| One of Judson's Christmas gifts was a giraffe Stuffie, but he really wanted a lion one, so we exchanged it. He was so happy to finally have the one he wanted. |
 |
| This was right after I took him to get a haircut one day. His hair was kinda gelled and spiky and I thought he looked so handsome and cool, especially with his Batman sunglasses on. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment