CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 01, 2005

Growth Spurt

Today I am 6 weeks pregnant. Scott and I were reading last night in some of our books about what our baby will develop this week, so I thought I'd share in case you're interested. The baby will have a big growth spurt this week and more than double in size! The funny part is that it is still measured in millimeters. It goes from about 4 or 5 mm to 12 or 13 mm. Now those are measurements that Scott can relate to! This week the baby will begin to develop legs, hands, and feet (it already has arms). The cerebral hemispheres of the brain, the eyes and nostrils, and the intestines are developing. The baby already has a heart with left and right chambers, an appendix, a pancreas, and lungs with air passages. Isn't it amazing that something so small can already have all of those organs? I can definately tell now that my body is working hard to make this baby as I have started taking little naps in the afternoon and getting really tired by 9:00 every night. I don't know what I'll do when I go back to work! I have also had the pleasure of experiencing some queasiness the past few mornings, but I always feel better once I get something on my stomach.
In just a few short days we get to share our news with you all--we can't wait!

0 comments: