CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Remote love

















Avery is 4 1/2 months old now and is starting to get so curious. She wants everything that we have-- drinks, the cheese grater, the mail, the remote. . . just whatever. She has a special love for the remote though. She'll lunge toward it and reach over other toys I'm holding to get to it. We tried giving her an old remote, but I guess it's just not the same since it doesn't have colored buttons and a light on it. She also likes to sit at the table with us at dinner time now. I usually put some toys on the table, but of course her favorite thing to play with is a little spoon. I just keep thinking about what I'm going to do when she starts crawling and can reach everything! Agh!
This past week I started my new job. I'm doing contract work for Sooner Start, which is a birth to 3 early intervention program. So far I only have two clients, a 2 yr old here in Edmond and a 16 month old foster child in north OKC. I think I'm really gonig to enjoy basically being my own boss and the flexibility of it. And of course kids are always great. Besides it being younger kids than those at my job with Mid-Del, this job is a little different because I work at lot more closely with the parents. I'll be spending a lot of time just educating families and demonstrating what they can do to help their child. Scott starts his new job this Saturday-- he'll be at a place called Gentle Dental now. He is going to work Monday and Tuesday nights and 2 Saturdays a month. Hopefully we'll be able to go on some trips and do some fun things this fall on his weekends off. That will be so nice after 2 years of him working just about every Saturday!

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Remote love must be universal. Drake is the same with the main remote. No other remote will do unfortunately, even when we act like we use the old ones, you've got to hide the main one.

Jeny said...

We have the same remote issues. We have tried several old models and they always seem to know which one works and which one does not! Same with telephones!
Jeny

Warner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.