CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sitting pretty




Over labor day weekend we went to visit Scott's parents in Waco. They had not seen Avery since she was 7 or 8 weeks old. First we stopped off in Dallas and spent Thursday night with my parents. When we got there Thursday my sister and her husband were at my parents house to celebrate my birthday with cake and ice cream. Scott and I laughed about the birthday party because Avery got a present too and a balloon. If you didn't know better you would have thought it was her birthday! But that's OK because I really have no more use for birthdays after this one since I'm staying 29 forever!

While in Waco we went to West Fest, which is a Czech festival in the town of West, TX. We ate yummy sausage sandwiches on homemade bread and kolaches and watched some Czech dancers. The Bedicheks originally came from the Czech Republic, so we had to celebrate the family heritage. Other than that we didn't do much, mostly just relaxed. Scott's brother Mike and his sister and her husband were there too, so Avery got to see lots of relatives. As you can see in the picture, she is sitting up on her own now, but she still falls over some. I'm just hoping that it takes her a few more months to figure out crawling because I can already see myself chasing her and trying to keep her out of things. I guess we'll have to add babyproofing to our never-ending "To Do" list, which I can now keep better track of on my handy-dandy Palm that Scott gave me for my birthday!

2 comments:

Noe Family said...

Oh my gosh ,the picture of Avery sitting in the floor looks like a doll. She is so precious. We are coming to Oklahoma in October. Can't wait to see you guys. Andrea

Warner said...

HEY!
The previous post was for Scott only. I really screwed that one up. Sorry!