

Unfortunately, it has been an eventful week in the Bedichek household. Avery started getting sick last Sunday afternoon and had to go to the doctor by Tuesday. Turns out she had RSV and fluid in both ears. There for a few days she was one sick little girl. She was sleeping all the time and not hardly eating, both of which are VERY rare for her. Until this point in time I have not ever seen her leave milk in her bottle, besides when she was a newborn and would fall asleep eating. And she could only stay awake for about an hour or hour and a half at a time. Thank goodness she is dong better now. She is still recovering, but is almost back to her old self. We have had to do breathing treatments every 4-6 hours, which were brutal at first because she screamed the whole time. But once she got used to it and we started playing Baby Einstein videos during the treatments she does really well. We're now down to just 3 a day and hopefully we'll be able to taper them off even more this coming week. This past week has made me so thankful to have a relatively healthy child. I can't imagine having a child with a chronic or life-threatening illness and having to give medicine and do treatments and Dr. visits all the time. I was just so happy once Avery felt well enough to be smiling and playing again. The poor babies who are continually to sick to just be kids and enjoy life! Count your blessings for healthy children!
4 comments:
Poor Avery! RSV can be very scary! LOTS of kids get hospitalized each year b/c of RSV. I'm glad she is feeling better! And I agree with you...thanks for healthy children! I'm amazed at what the parents of the kids I take care of are capable of doing! They are amazing! Give Avery a hug for us and try to get some sleep yourself!
that post is from Alexis not mick..I don't know why his name came up!
Poor, sweet Avery!! I hope she is doing better now, for her and you guys too. So many kids here have the flu and a lot have turned into RSV. So scary! Can't wait to see you guys when you move here. Take care of that sweet baby girl. Buster and Andrea
Is Avery feeling better now?
Post a Comment