CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 31, 2007

New House!

Our future home!
2140 Charmion Ln, Ft. Worth, TX 76131

Looking into dining room and kitchen from living room

Dining or breakfast room- this bay window is one of my favorite things

Kitchen- minus the stainless steel appliances we negotiated

I mentioned at some point that we would be house-hunting over spring break. We did find a home, brand-new as you can see, in North Fort Worth (off I-35W and Western Center Blvd for anyone who's familiar with the area). It is about 10-12 minutes from Scott's practice and is in an area that is rapidly growing. We got a really good deal with lots of costs paid, upgrades, and extras added in. Really, it turned out to be too good to pass up even though the house was a little smaller and further from the practice than some of the other homes we were considering. The builder wanted us to close within 30 days, so it will be mid-late April when we do that. We are getting more excited now that we have a house and a moving date, but it will be difficult to leave when the time comes. We have been here for 7 years now and have made great friends and earned degrees and had our first child-- a lot has changed for the Bedicheks since April 2000 when we moved from Abilene to OKC. What I'm realizing now more than anything is how much STUFF we have accumulated! I have already packed about 10 boxes and it looks like I haven't even made a dent in it! Scary! I'm stressing a little because this is my last weekend to be here before we move, so my packing time is drastically cut. This weekend Avery and I are going to Dallas, and then going from there with my parents to Brownwood, TX to see my grandparents (that's a mouthful!) Then I think the next weekend we will have to go to Dallas to do the final walk-through on the house before we close the weekend after that. And then it will be moving day!

2 comments:

Gina said...

We had been in Edmond for about 6 years when we moved. We had something like 125 cartons according to our movers. Sacry how much you can accumulate!
Best wishes on the move!
Gina B

Noe Family said...

Love the house!! I'm gonna have to mapquest yall from your house to the one we're building. We picked out our lot yesterday and should be in around the end of June-ish. We're at The Villages of Woodland Springs in Keller. I'm excited for you guys, but I've also been in that "bitter sweet" boat very recently when we left NC. It's an adjustment! Give us a call when you guys get settled etc. I'll email you my phone number. Talk to you soon. Andrea