I asked Scott what to title this blog entry, and he suggested "Life Learning Skills." If you went to ACU then you probably understand why, but for those non-ACU goers, I will try to explain. There was a very popular class at ACU called "Life Learning Skills". It was really more about relationships and emotional and spiritual development than motor skills and cooking, but I thought it made a good title anyway. I actually never took the class, but wished I had after hearing so many people talk about it. The man who taught it, Willard Tate, was a preacher at this country church just outside of Abilene and he did a lot of public speaking and wrote some books which he used in the class. He was kind of famous at ACU for being so inspirational.
Back to the pictures. . .
On Sunday afternoon I decided to take a few pictures of Avery toddling around the house. She still usually takes only 5 or 6 steps before she falls, but occasionally it's more. She 's also figured out how to climb up the steps in the garage and on the back porch all by herself this week. I guess I should've taken a little 30 second movie with our camera of her walking and posted that, but oh well. There's always another day. I thought she looked so proud of herself in these pictures. Last night we made brownies when we got in from our walk. I sat her at the table thinking she would like to watch, but then I decided that she might actually be able to help a little. She poured in the water and oil with just a little help and then took several tries at stirring. She also likes to help me unload the spoons from the dishwasher these days. She hands them to me one by one and I put them in the drawer. It's never too early to start those chores!



1 comments:
I LOVED that class. If Scott took it, he'll remember singing "Born to Win." So funny! Hey, I forgot to email you my phone numbers. I'm doing that now. Andrea
Post a Comment