Wednesday, August 08, 2007
First belly shot!
Last night we took my first belly shot since I did my first one with Avery at 12 weeks. I decided that I should stick to the same schedule to be fair. The baby is going through a period of rapid growth now that will last through about 24 weeks. He or she is probably about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs between 1/2 and 3/4 of an ounce-- about the size of a peach. Growth of the head is beginning to slow down however. Eyes are coming closer together and ears are coming to their normal position to help make him/her look more humanlike. External genitalia are fairly well-developed now, but I guess we won't find out the sex until the appointment after next, which will be in September. I'm getting really curious about it though. I'm ready to start planning and decorating and all that fun stuff!

12 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Lookin' good!
Too cute! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!
You start showing so much faster with the second huh? I remember with Hayden, I don't think I started "showing" until about 20 weeks...not this time!! You look cute:-)
Post a Comment