Just a quick update on "#2". . .
I went to the doctor yesterday and he says everything looks great. I love getting to see the baby on ultrasound every time. It's amazing to see the changes and how much he/she is growing! This time I could see the left and right hemispheres of the brain, the spine, the stomach, and I could see the heart, arms, legs, hands and feet more clearly. At our next appointment--Sept. 17th-- we will find out the sex and they will record everything on a DVD-R for us so we will have more than just still pictures. Pretty cool. Here are the stats and specifics for the baby at this point: 4 to 4 1/2 inches, 1 3/4 ounces(about the size of a softball), is covered with lanugo hair, may be sucking its thumb, and bones are ossifying so that that they would be visible on x-ray.
On the Avery front, we have been gearing up for "school", aka mother's day out, and Sooner football. She starts Mother's Day Out at Richland Hills on Sept 13th. She will just go one day a week for now and then maybe 2 days a week starting in January to give me some relief and more time alone with the baby when he/she makes a debut. We have her little nap mat, which her Mimi is making a cover for, and a tiny ittle backpack-- so I think we're pretty much set. In preparation for football season, I decided to teach her some OU cheers. Yesterday we worked on her saying "Go OU" and saying "Sooner" after I say "Boomer". She needs a little more practice and something new to wear for watching the games, and then she'll be all set!



0 comments:
Post a Comment