CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Lil' scooter and sandbox fun

Now that Kendall's reflux is improving a little and she isn't sleeping quite so much during the day, she is able to have more time down on her floor gym or on a blanket to stretch out and kick around. We are supposed to keep her upright for 30-45 minutes after she eats, so for the 1st couple of months, it was hard to squeeze in play time on the floor. She would eat for 30 min or so, then be upright for 30-45 min. and then it would be about time for a nap. Now she is eating every 3+ hrs and can stay awake for about 2 hrs before needing a nap. One day last week I put her down on a blanket while Avery and I were reading books on the couch. After a few minutes I looked over and Kendall was in the position below! She had managed to turn around 180 degrees and had almost scooted into Avery's room! It's so funny how much they can manage to move around when they can't even sit up or crawl. I guess that's good evidence that you should never leave a baby unattended on a bed, changing table, etc!

"I'm just gonna go in here and play, Mom."

New sandbox!

We spent some of our family time this weekend getting the materials to make Avery a sandbox under the fort of her swingset. Needless to say, it is a big hit! She played out there for a couple of hours on Saturday and Sunday and again tonight after dinner. I used to LOVE my sandbox as a little girl, so I was pretty excited for her. I can still remember driving my Tonka trucks in it, playing ice cream store, and getting the hose in there to make mud pies and sand castles. This week is her last week of school at Richland Hills C of C until the summer session starts on June 19th. She is going to have the same awesome teachers over the summer, so we are really glad about that. Today I stayed at the church for a while after I dropped her off so that I could feed Kendall before running some errands. All of a sudden I hear kids and musical instruments and what sounds like her teacher's voice. Turns out they were having music class and were having a parade. I decided to kind of hide so I could just be a fly on the wall and watch her in action. She was the leader of the "parade" and was marching so proudly and shaking a maraca. It was fun to see her having such a good time. Too bad I didn't have my camera! Here are a few more pics that I took of the girls this afternoon.

Avery thought baby Sally and baby Anne should have a photo op too

2 comments:

Alexis said...

What cute girls you have!! Avery looks so grown up in that last picture! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys this summer! Miss you!

amy ahrens said...

The girls are so cute. It's fun to keep up with them through your blog!