Last Saturday Avery spent the day with my parents so that Scott and I could get some projects done around the house. One of the special activities that they did with her was to take her to this pet store called Pet Land that has all kinds of animals that you can actually pet, hold, and of course, buy. They let her choose a Beta fish and got this neat little do-it-yourself fish tank for it to live in. I had agreed that this was OK ahead of time since a fish requires minimal care-- I definitely do not need anything or anyone else to take care of at this point in my life! After a few different suggestions from her Daddy, Avery decided on "Wanda" for the fish's name. She is still alive-so far- and Avery is really enjoying her. I have been meaning to write this blog post for almost a week now, but we have been extra busy this past week potty-training Avery. She had already basically trained herself to go #2 in the potty, so we decided it was time to tackle the whole shebang now that school is out for a few weeks. The first 2 or 3 days she had a lot of accidents and just didn't seem to be getting it. I was discouraged and tired of cleaning up messes and washing panties and clothes, but then it was just like everything clicked and I think she has only had 2 "partial" accidents since last Wed. She is doing great with it and I am so proud of her! Yea Avery!
The story behind the bottom pic is that on the last day of school (last Thurs), Avery got this
sun visor as one of her little last-day gifts. She was playing with all the stuff she got while I was picking up the house or something. She says "Look Mommy, Kendall's wearing my hat." I go into the living room to find this. I just chuckled a little and complimented her on sharing with her sister:)
The story behind the bottom pic is that on the last day of school (last Thurs), Avery got this
sun visor as one of her little last-day gifts. She was playing with all the stuff she got while I was picking up the house or something. She says "Look Mommy, Kendall's wearing my hat." I go into the living room to find this. I just chuckled a little and complimented her on sharing with her sister:)



1 comments:
Hi Heather! I found you through Leslie's blog. I have missed all of my Fort Worth girls and I hope that you have found your place at Southside. It was so good to see your beautiful children! You look great! I would love to add you to my reader list, because my blog is private. My email is hollyneely@woh.rr.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment