CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Playing doctor, dress-up, and Kendall eats from a spoon!

I'm sure everybody else is as tired of the picture-less post as I am, so here's a hodge-podge post with some random pictures to entertain you until something better comes along. One of Avery's favorite things to play is doctor, which of course Scott loves. She crawls up on the ottoman (aka operating table) and Scott proceeds to examine her, start an IV, and perform surgery. He even pretends to come in and out the door as both the nurse and the doctor. It's pretty humorous to watch really. The nurse's voice is my favorite part personally. Sometimes Avery wants Kendall to lay by her, which was the case in this picture.


And here we have Mommy playing dress-up with Avery last Monday morning. Don't look too closely or I might frighten you with my lack of make-up. Avery is getting quite good at pretending lately. Her latest concoctions are pretending that her name is "Wora" (Laura), that Miss Kelly is her mommy, and that she is going to the pretend lake, the beach, or her work. And we always get there by driving the bus, which is made up of two dining room chairs that she pulls together.

And last but not least, we have Kendall eating cereal from a spoon! No more cereal bottles for this girl. I tried the spoon again Tues night and she was grabbing my hand to put the spoon in her mouth on every bite. This girl is ready to do everything by herself. Watch out world!

2 comments:

Jeny said...

cute! Sounds like a lot of fun at your house! No trip is complete without a dining-room-chair bus! I would really love to hear Scott's nurse voice!

Unknown said...

Very cute! By the way, could you send me an email so I'll have your email address, please? Mine is still on the class Web site if you need it (it's also on the OC library page). We're coming through Dallas the first week of August and thought we'd try to visit y'all.