OK, so several weeks ago I posted about potty training Avery. She was doing really well with it, even when went on our little vacation. She was hardly having any accidents during the day, and was keeping her pull up dry about 75% of the time at nap and about 50% of the time at night. But in the past week or two, things have taken a downhill turn. I think she has had a least one accident a day since we came back from our trip and it is totally whipping me! We can't go back to pull-ups now that she has been wearing panties for almost a month, so I am at a loss for what to do. Hopefully it is just a little regression phase and she'll get over it soon, but advice from any of you moms that have done this once or twice (or more!) would be appreciated!
On a sidenote, the rice cereal at bedtime seems to be doing the trick for Kendall. She has slept until around 5 AM all this week before waking up to eat, and last night she slept right through until 7:00! Yea! I've still been giving her the cereal in a bottle, but I think I'll try the spoon again soon, so maybe we'll snap a few pictures of that. Sorry no pictures today!
On a sidenote, the rice cereal at bedtime seems to be doing the trick for Kendall. She has slept until around 5 AM all this week before waking up to eat, and last night she slept right through until 7:00! Yea! I've still been giving her the cereal in a bottle, but I think I'll try the spoon again soon, so maybe we'll snap a few pictures of that. Sorry no pictures today!



3 comments:
The same thing happened with Quin. She was potty trained for a month or more w/ no accidents and one day, she just stood in the living room and peed all over the place. I was totally freaked out too! So I just started being more proactive about taking her to pee pee like every couple of hours or so. When I didn't make a big deal out of it, she eventually quit. I think they are just testing us to see if they get more attention from an accident or not. Just my two cents. Each kid is different!
Okay I read your blog through Audrey and maybe that's weird but I got really into it because your Avery and my Emma are really close in age. Anyway Emma acted interested in going potty about 8 months ago believe it or not. I messed up by trying to train her several times since then. Recently I just put the potty away, because really she just had me trained. I would take her when I thought she had to go. Now I will take her if she tells me, but only then. Haha, we'll see if it works!!
Jillian and Abby both did this. I guess I'm a mean mom because I made them start cleaning up their own mess (with my help of course), and pretty soon they were back on track. I told both of my girls that I just didn't change diapers any more on big girls. I think you should just stick to your guns since you know she knows what she is doing. This phase will pass. Another idea is to reward her with something when she does go. I used stickers on a chart and if they got 3 (you make up your own #) then they got a piece of candy or bubble gum or something special. Potty training can be tough, hang in there!
Post a Comment