CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Milestones

This past week my little "Ken" turned 6 months (half a yr!) old-- is that possible? I can't believe that it has already been that long since she was born. At her check-up she weighed 14 lbs 12 oz (25%ile) and was 25 1/2 in (25-50%ile). She has chubby little thighs, but I definitely wouldn't describe her as a "squishy" baby like my friend Jeny once described Avery. She does like to eat though and has tried just about all the #1 baby foods now. I think she just has little bones and wiggles most of her calories right off. Kendall is sitting up well now and doesn't fall over much at all anymore. She is finally at that stage that I was wishing for a month ago where I can just plop her down on the floor instead of having to find some sort of seat to strap her in or other safe place to lie her down. So nice for when you are meeting the never-ending "urgent" needs of a 2 yr. old! Her most recent skill however is babbling, mostly "da-da-da". She just started that yesterday and it is so cute! Church tomorrow morning will probably be a nightmare if she practices it as much as she did today. But she is such a joy and her little smile just lights up my life!

Miss Avery had a milestone of her own yesterday-- her first haircut. She had received a gift certificate for her birthday to this neat salon for little girls called "Sweet and Sassy", and I finally got around to taking her. My Mom had taken the day off work, so we headed over to Southlake Town Center for Avery's haircut, lunch at Corner Bakery, and some shopping at Gymboree. Thanks for the fun day Mom! Avery did great with her haircut-- she sat very still and didn't seem scared or upset at all. She even let the girl blow-dry and curl her hair, neither of which she had ever had done before. At the end she got "sparkles" sprayed in her hair, her picture taken, and got to choose a lollipop for doing such a great job. When she was all done, she just kept looking in the mirror and smiling. It was really cute and I'm glad that she had a good first experience at the salon. She's definitely a girly-girl!



2 comments:

Cindy said...

They are growing up so fast. They are both so cute.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for Avery! She looks so precious. Your girls look so much alike. They are beautiful. I can't believe 6 months either! Where does the time go?