
Well, 11 months have come and gone for Kendall and we will be celebrating her birthday in a few short weeks. One thing we have learned for sure: life is always exciting when Kendall is around! Whether it's smiles and laughter and scrunchy faces, or tears and tantrums, she keeps us on our toes and makes life interesting. She is such a sweet, lovey baby though with her hugs and cuddles and open-mouth kisses that you just can't help but love her. She can say a few words now-- bye-bye, hi, uh-uh (uh-oh), ba-ba (bottle- she's learned that one quickly now that I weaned her), dat (book), dada, mama, woof, and boo (moo), teee ("cheese" when you get out the camera)-- but we are looking forward to a lot more talking so that she can communicate what she wants better. She finally has 4 teeth and 2 more that are just poking through. She is eating more finger foods lately, but she is still very hesitant about anything mushy. Luckily, we can still get her to eat baby food fruits and veggies . . . sometimes. Her favorite things are oatmeal, dry cereal, yogurt, Ritz crackers, graham crackers, and baby food meats. Although she doesn't really exhibit reflux symptoms anymore, we have to wonder with her liking so many bland foods and the way she often acts at mealtime if it doesn't still botherd her. I guess (and hope!) that it will either disappear, or she'll eventually be able to communicate somehow that she is refluxing. Kendall has been practicing standing alone a lot lately but has yet to get up the courage to take any steps. Every time we try to coax her to walk, she just lunges for us or drops to her knees and crawls. She has started walking behind her shopping cart and her ride-on toy some though. I'm sure in the next few months she'll be cruising around like it's no big deal and we'll have a hard time remembering when she crawled everwhere. I don't have any height or weight stats, but here are some other facts for the record about Kendall at 11 months: clothes- size 6-12 months, or 12 months, shoes- size 3, diapers- size 3, sleeps 7:30 or 8 PM until 7:30ish AM, naps - 2 a day (2-3 hrs total; AM nap is getting later now and i'm praying that it doesn't disappear for a few more months!), drinks 4 bottles and eats 3 meals a day. As you'll see in the pics, she had her first experience in the sandbox today. The weather was gorgeous and she was bored with swinging, so I thought we'd give it a try. She LOVED it! She sat there by Avery for the longest time playing with the sand toys and then digging a little trench and scooping the sand on herself. And then, as I expected her to do the minute I put her in the sandbox, she took a handful of sand and shoved it right in her mouth. Luckily she only fussed about it for a second and then was fine once I gave her a drink and wiped her mouth. So now I'm looing forward to warm spring days when the girls can play in the sand or water and I can relax and enjoy the weather! Here are a few more pics of my almost 1 year old!





1 comments:
What a cutie! Time really does fly by!
Post a Comment