Exactly one year ago today you entered our world and forever changed our family! I look back on that magical moment when I first saw you with such fondness, amazement, and overflowing love. And it was such a sweet time when we were able to introduce you to your big sister and then to your extended family that first evening at the hospital. Those are moments and feelings I will never forget! We thought you looked a little like your sister, but you were definitely your own little person, complete with a blister on your hand from sucking it so much! I guess we had clues from the moment you were born that you would love sucking your little thumb when you're tired and when you drift off to sleep. Even though I know it's a bad habit that will be hard to break, it's so sweet when you lay your head on my shoulder, suck your thumb, and rub my shoulder or arm while I sing to you. I have tried giving you a lovie to hold, but in true "Kendall" form, you insist on pulling off your sock and holding that up to your face while your suck your thumb if I'm not holding you-- silly girl! In fact, every night when I put you in your crib you pull your little legs up so you can rub your sock or pull it off and hold it as you drift off to sleep. You are such an affectionate baby. You love to cuddle when you get up in the morning or from a nap, and you love giving hugs and kisses, especially to Daddy and Avery right before bed. You also love to hug and kiss your stuffed animals and baby dolls and can do it when I ask you to now. You have started "pretend" eating with the play food and dishes and can give your animals and babies a drink and a bite when I ask you to. You are so smart and try to do everything that Avery does. You figure out how things work very quickly, even if you can't always actually make them work right since you're still so little. You love to look at books, but you're still too impatient to sit through me reading a long one. Your favorite ones are those with real photos, flaps to lift, sound buttons, and things to touch and feel. Speaking of being impatient, you are always on the go and all about action! You crawl all over the house, usually to find me or to chase Avery. You stand alone quite well now and have taken 1 step several times, but we are still eagerly awaiting the moment when you decide to take off walking (or running)! You love playing at the park or indoor playground, playing in the sandbox, splashing in the bathtub, riding in the stroller, being pushed on your little car, big wheel or tricycle, getting into the cabinets, making messes when I'm busy (although other times you just cling on to my legs and cry to be held), and pulling books and toys off the shelves in Avery's room. Although your lack of patience and busyness can be challenging at times (like at restaurants and when I'm trying to shop), I love watching you play and seeing you "help" and entertain yourself. You are also very vocal, including both "talking", and yelling or crying when you are frustrated or upset. Daddy is frequently saying "cool your jets girl", especially around dinnertime and in the evening when you are tired and crabby. There's no doubt that you are a morning person. You are all smiles in the morning and then you like to go to bed early, around 7:30 or 8:00, and sleep until around 7:30 the next morning. You can sign "more" , point at things you want, and use a few words- dada, mama, dat (that), uh-uh (uh-oh), sy (outside), ba-ba (bottle), moo, woof, bye-bye, hi-- but we are definitely looking forward to your vocabulary growing so you can better communicate what you want. At one year old, you already have a sense of humor that seems to be brought out best by Avery. Although you sometimes get angry with her for not sharing or jealous when I am holding her instead of you, you definitely love your sister. In fact, one of the funnest parts of your first year has been seeing you interact with Avery and develop your own special relationship with her. I hope the two of you remain good friends throughout your lives. You are so precious and special to your Daddy and I, and even more so to your Maker in heaven! We believe that you are destined for greatness and that God has wonderful things in store for you. Daddy and I feel so blessed that the Lord has entrusted you to our care and given us such a miraculous and amazing gift! Happy Birthday "Ken"!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
To Kendall on Your First Birthday
Exactly one year ago today you entered our world and forever changed our family! I look back on that magical moment when I first saw you with such fondness, amazement, and overflowing love. And it was such a sweet time when we were able to introduce you to your big sister and then to your extended family that first evening at the hospital. Those are moments and feelings I will never forget! We thought you looked a little like your sister, but you were definitely your own little person, complete with a blister on your hand from sucking it so much! I guess we had clues from the moment you were born that you would love sucking your little thumb when you're tired and when you drift off to sleep. Even though I know it's a bad habit that will be hard to break, it's so sweet when you lay your head on my shoulder, suck your thumb, and rub my shoulder or arm while I sing to you. I have tried giving you a lovie to hold, but in true "Kendall" form, you insist on pulling off your sock and holding that up to your face while your suck your thumb if I'm not holding you-- silly girl! In fact, every night when I put you in your crib you pull your little legs up so you can rub your sock or pull it off and hold it as you drift off to sleep. You are such an affectionate baby. You love to cuddle when you get up in the morning or from a nap, and you love giving hugs and kisses, especially to Daddy and Avery right before bed. You also love to hug and kiss your stuffed animals and baby dolls and can do it when I ask you to now. You have started "pretend" eating with the play food and dishes and can give your animals and babies a drink and a bite when I ask you to. You are so smart and try to do everything that Avery does. You figure out how things work very quickly, even if you can't always actually make them work right since you're still so little. You love to look at books, but you're still too impatient to sit through me reading a long one. Your favorite ones are those with real photos, flaps to lift, sound buttons, and things to touch and feel. Speaking of being impatient, you are always on the go and all about action! You crawl all over the house, usually to find me or to chase Avery. You stand alone quite well now and have taken 1 step several times, but we are still eagerly awaiting the moment when you decide to take off walking (or running)! You love playing at the park or indoor playground, playing in the sandbox, splashing in the bathtub, riding in the stroller, being pushed on your little car, big wheel or tricycle, getting into the cabinets, making messes when I'm busy (although other times you just cling on to my legs and cry to be held), and pulling books and toys off the shelves in Avery's room. Although your lack of patience and busyness can be challenging at times (like at restaurants and when I'm trying to shop), I love watching you play and seeing you "help" and entertain yourself. You are also very vocal, including both "talking", and yelling or crying when you are frustrated or upset. Daddy is frequently saying "cool your jets girl", especially around dinnertime and in the evening when you are tired and crabby. There's no doubt that you are a morning person. You are all smiles in the morning and then you like to go to bed early, around 7:30 or 8:00, and sleep until around 7:30 the next morning. You can sign "more" , point at things you want, and use a few words- dada, mama, dat (that), uh-uh (uh-oh), sy (outside), ba-ba (bottle), moo, woof, bye-bye, hi-- but we are definitely looking forward to your vocabulary growing so you can better communicate what you want. At one year old, you already have a sense of humor that seems to be brought out best by Avery. Although you sometimes get angry with her for not sharing or jealous when I am holding her instead of you, you definitely love your sister. In fact, one of the funnest parts of your first year has been seeing you interact with Avery and develop your own special relationship with her. I hope the two of you remain good friends throughout your lives. You are so precious and special to your Daddy and I, and even more so to your Maker in heaven! We believe that you are destined for greatness and that God has wonderful things in store for you. Daddy and I feel so blessed that the Lord has entrusted you to our care and given us such a miraculous and amazing gift! Happy Birthday "Ken"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Are you sure it's been a year? Wow, that was fast. She is adorable. Love that pink & brown outfit!!
Post a Comment