CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wednesday

It's been awhile since I have done a "day in the life" post, and with young children things change quickly, so I think it's time for an update on what daily life around the Bedichek household is like.


7:20 AM Wake up; Scott brings Kendall in (she's up a little early) just as I finish making the bed and then leaves for work
7:30 AM Feed Kendall a bottle, put her clothes on and she plays while I hang up clothes and re-stock diapers in her room
7:50 AM Check if Avery's awake--She is (or I just woke her up, not sure which). Put her clothes on since her pull-up leaked, change her sheets while the girls play.
8:20 AM Eat breakfast (Avery- cereal and yogurt, Me- frozen waffle, Kendall- part of my waffle, yogurt, few bites of oatmeal)
9:00 AM Do dishes, clean kitchen a little, put a load of laundry in.
9:30- 10:30 AM Playtime--have a pretend picnic, play doctor, build a road and animal cages with blocks, build a "cage" for the girls and Avery pretends they are various animals
10:30 AM Take Avery to potty (she can't reach the light switch or wipe very well yet) , get her a snack and drink
10:40 AM Put Kendall down for her nap
10:50 AM I shower and get ready while Avery watches cartoons.
11:30 AM Avery and I play a partial game of "Chutes and Ladders" and read books. Do Avery's hair.
11:50 AM Start making lunch (Mac and cheese, plus a salad for me and fruit for Avery, a half ham and cheese sandwich broken into tiny pieces and some applesauce for Kendall)
12:05 PM Kendall wakes up.
12:15 PM Eat lunch. Get up in the middle of lunch to help Avery potty; Kendall screams b/c we left the room.
12:50 PM Clean up lunch dishes. Get everybody's shoes on, a bottle for Kendall, and the bag ready to run a few errands.
1:15 PM Go to Hobby Lobby and PetsMart. Stop at Sonic for a drink on the way home.
2:30 PM Return home. Push Kendall on big wheel while Avery rides her tricycle.
3:00 PM Go inside. Since it's almost nap/rest time, the girls start playing really well by themselves, of course. Oh well, a few minutes won't hurt right?
3:45 PM Put Kendall down for her nap and Avery has rest time (looking at books in her bed).
4:15 PM I do my daily Bible study.
4:30 PM Go in Avery's room to get her up. Scott gets home early-- yay!
4:45 PM Discover that Avery had an "accident" while sitting in her bed. Great! Now both sets of sheets are dirty! Strip the bed and Scott throws the sheets in the wash. Avery plays in her room while Scott and I talk about the day.
5:10 PM Start making dinner-- "Biscuit pizzas" and veggies. Avery helps me while repeatedly singing the theme song from "Land of the Lost" that Scott taught her.
5:45 PM We eat dinner. Kendall wakes up about 5 or 10 minutes into it.
6:00 PM Attempt to feed Kendall dinner. She ends up drinking a bottle and eating a graham cracker-- that's it! Scott does the dinner dishes.
6:30 PM Get everybody's shoes, bows, etc on for church and get the diaper bag ready.
6:45 PM Leave for church. Once there, we all go to separate classes- Kendall to the nursery, Avery to her class, Scott does financial counseling, I go to a study on 2 Chronicles taught by our preacher.
8:35 PM Get home from church. Get Kendall ready for bed and put her down. Scott gets Avery ready for bed.
8:50 PM Read a book to Avery and sing her songs. Get her a drink and help her potty in the middle of the songs. Think, "Ugh! Will I ever be done?"
9:10 PM Type this blog entry and eat cookies that Scott made while I put Avery to bed. Yum!
10:00 PM I'm headed to get Avery's bag ready for school tomorrow and make Scott's lunch. Then I'll collapse into bed and drift off , probably thinking of my girls. As much work as they are and as challenging as they can be sometimes, at the end of every day, I sure do love them and feel blessed that God entrusted such precious souls to my care!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds all too familiar, Heather. I love it - up at 7:20 but no shower until 10:50. Funny!

momdadz said...

It sounds exhausting! I promise it does get easier. Try to enjoy each day before you know it the preschool years will be gone. We love you guys. See you Saturday for Miss Kendall's Birthday Party!
Mom Z

Mike and Amy said...

I was just singing that Land of the Lost song yesterday!