
From the moment you were born, I've always felt that you were an angel sent to me by God. When I tuck you in at night you often ask me to tell you a secret, and I usually say, "You are my angel and I love you so much!" I fell in love with you that first night at the hospital when you looked up at me and studied me so intently with your lips pursed in what we've always called "the whistle face", and my love has only grown from there! Knowing how special you are to me, it's sometimes hard to believe that God in heaven loves you even more! But I hope out of all the things I teach you, you learn that fact most of all. Over the past three years, your Daddy and I have so enjoyed watching you learn, especially since it is one of the things you do best. God has truly blessed you with the gift of intelligence and I hope you use it to do great things for Him. At three years old you have a huge vocabulary with words like "actually" and "definitely" and can carry on a great conversation complete with very animated gestures and facial expressions. Sometimes you talk just to hear yourself talk I think! You are so good at talking, however, that sometimes you get yourself in trouble arguing. But we are working on that! You can recognize just about all the letters of the alphabet and even know the sounds that many of them make. You can recognize most numbers 1-10 and can count up to 10 items. You know all your shapes and colors, can pick out rhyming words, spell your name out loud, and have begun trying to write some of the letters in your name. You learn new things so quickly--I tell you once or twice and you've got it down! Books are still one of your favorite things and you really look forward to our trips to the library. You enjoy reading to your stuffed animal friends at rest time, reading books to yourself in the mirror (ha!), and we often spend time reading together while Kendall is napping. Other things you really like doing are coloring, painting, and writing notes, playing dress-up and pretend games, playing doctor, laughing at your sister, watching all kinds of cartoons and movies (although we try to limit it to an hour a day), playing in the backyard, riding your scooter and tricycle, going to school, playing on the playscape with your friends after school, going to Bible class, shopping, taking bubble baths, and eating at Chick-Fil-A. You also like to sing songs a lot and you have started trying to sing in church lately. Some of your favorite songs right now are the theme song from "Land of the Lost", "Home on the Range", songs from music class that you'll be preforming in the Spring Show, and as always, "Jesus Loves Me." Even though you and I were both heartbroken that you were no longer my baby when Kendall was born, it really helped you grow and blossom into the little girl you are today. I am so proud of all the things you can do by yourself and of all the ways you like to help me. Kendall's birth and presence in the house also helped you and Daddy to develop a very close, special relationship over the past year or so. You really look forward to him coming home every day and to the weekends we he gets to stay home and play with you. Some of the things you and Daddy enjoy doing together are playing chase and "wrestling" or "tackling", running errands together, watching Star Wars, playing doctor, and you also like picking out Daddy's clothes for him when he gets home from work. I love watching you give Daddy his eskimo, butterfly, and "real" kisses before I put you to bed at night. You have such a tender heart and a sweet spirit that draws others to you. You are always hugging and patting your friends at school and you are very affectionate with Kendall, Daddy, and me. You have made our lives so rich and full of joy Avery. We love you and thank God every day that he gave us such an amazing and precious gift--you are truly one of His angels!

wearing your birthday crown from school at breakfast

loving on your sister

having some ice cream after playing and shopping at the mall today

sporting your new flip flops and sunglasses while "mushing the bag" of Memaw's friendship bread starter
0 comments:
Post a Comment