CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 08, 2009

Week Without Daddy- Part One

Scott left this past Saturday for a week-long medical missions trip to Guatemala, so the girls and I have been trying to stay busy doing some fun, out-of-the-ordinary things. We stayed very busy this weekend spending some time with my family. On Saturday morning, we went out to the stable where my sister keeps her horse. My sister had this great idea to get some washable paints and let the girls help her paint Kola like a war pony. Kendall was a little nervous about getting so close to Kola and only painted a few brushstrokes, but Avery had a good time painting w/ the brushes and doing her hand prints. She was a little disappointed that she didn't get to ride this time, but she still had lots of fun painting Kola and seeing the other horses. Kendall kept plopping herself down on the dirt road to play w/ the rocks, but I had to watch her because the horses all seemed very curious about her and kept coming up really close to smell her or something. After the painting, we all headed over to Babe's in Roanoke for fried chicken and all the trimmings-Yum! On Sunday, my parents were kind enough to come over to Ft Worth for church and then to take us out to lunch. The girls and I then went over to Coppell for the rest of the day. The girls had a great time swimming and sliding in the backyard, and then we had grilled bratwurst and strawberries and ice cream for dinner out under my parent's arbor. It was a fun day!

here we are out at the stable w/ my sister and Kola
Avery put several hand prints on Kola
painting with the brushes

Kendall did a little painting too w/ my help
peeking at Poppi through the gate
playing in the rocks
the finished product-- you can't tell, but Amy braided Kola's mane too
swimming at Mimi and Poppi's house
look at that bikini girl!
this was before Avery dumped all the bath toys into the pool and then got crazy sliding
When Avery and I were lying on the couch resting and watching a movie, my Mom brought up the fact that last time she saw us cuddling together there was when Avery was 2 months old and Scott was on a mission trip to Nicaragua--kinda funny. My parents had taken some pictures at that time of Avery and I napping on the couch, so I had to include one.

Monday was not quite as exciting as the weekend since had to go get groceries in the morning, but I tried to make it more fun than usual by taking them to Kroger where they have the carts with the car in front for the kids to "drive". And then after nap the girls swam in their princess pool in the backyard, so it was still a fun day. Best of all, they got a call from Daddy right before bed. Avery is really missing him. On Saturday night (the first day he had been gone) when we were coming home from eating dinner, she asked, "Is Daddy STILL not going to be home?" I feel sorry for her:( She realy looks forward to her Daddy time in the evenings. Today we went to McDonald's for lunch. Ronald McDonald himself was there, but both the girls were scared of him--Avery just a little and Kendall a lot. She started crying when he got too close. Actually, I don't balme them as he was a big guy with a loud voice and I almost jumped myself when I saw him. We went to a McDonald's with an enormous Playplace, so the girls had fun playing after we ate. Right now they are BOTH napping (ah. . . bliss!), but I told Avery that we would go out again late this afternoon or tonight to do something else fun. I'm thinking some ice cream at Braums or Marble Slab sounds pretty good:) We already had McDonald's, so I figure we might as well add some more calories to it and call it a "food day" like we used to have at school when I was doing speech pathology. Stay tuned for more "Week Without Daddy" adventures. . .

2 comments:

Scott said...

I miss you all. I will call tomorrow night. Hug my babies, I love you.
Daddy

Unknown said...

Give us a call! Travis works all of the time so we have lots of free time. We'd love to have a play date!