CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week Without Daddy- Part Two

Scott is back safe and sound at home now, but here is a recap of part two of our "Week Without Daddy". It was perhaps more eventful than part one, just maybe not as many fun events. Wednesday my Mom took the day off work to spend it with us. Just as we're getting ready to leave the house to go over to Southlake Town Center to eat lunch and shop, Avery pushes the glass door on our entertainment center the wrong way and it shatters. Luckily, she only had one minor cut on her foot, but it was a HUGE mess and I was so glad my Mom was here to help. If she hadn't been, I would've had to gate the girls out of the living room and probably listen to Kendall cry for like 30 minutes while I cleaned up the mess. We finally got over to Southlake, but then Avery starts complaining about her stomach hurting and says she wants to go home. My mom and I managed to eat our food in between Avery's 5 or 6 mostly unsuccessful trips to the bathroom and one episode of almost throwing up in my plate, so then we decided to forget the shopping and just come back to the house. Avery fell asleep on the way back, but Kendall screamed almost the whole way (like 20 minutes) as she was exhausted and just wanted her bed (she has just given up her AM nap). Avery ran a little fever that afternoon through Thurs morning and complained a little about her stomach hurting, but she never had any other symptoms. Just a little virus I guess. Then Wednesday night we had some really bad thunderstorms. We didn't have any damage, but the power went out for awhile. Plus, the storms lasted until 3 or 4 in the morning and all the thunder and lightning made it hard for me to sleep. Wow, what a day! Thursday Avery was still feeling a little sickly, so I cancelled the free trial gymnastics class she was going to do and we spent the day around the house. After a 3 hr nap, she felt much better and was able to enjoy Mimi and Poppi coming over for dinner and a little playtime while I went and ran an errand or two. Friday she was back to normal, so we headed to the zoo w/ some church friends. It was hot and rather crowded, but we had a good time and it was nice to get out of the house for a long stretch. Saturday we mostly hung out around the house. Kendall napped for 3 hrs and Avery napped for 2 1/2, which was a God-send since we were picking Scott up at the airport at 8:15 (past their bedtimes). At dinner time, I took them over to Chick-Fil-A and then we killed a little time reading and playing trains at Barnes and Noble since Scott's flight ended up being about 30 minutes delayed. He arrived safe and sound at about 8:45 and the girls we so excited to see him. We had a fun, eventful week, but I am sooo glad to have my wonderful husband and helper back! When the mission team leader told me at the airport that Scott was "a jewel" I knew exactly what he meant!
Avery's "sick" position Thursday morning (she did not move off the couch)
Kendall kept getting this picture down and pointing at Scott saying "that's Daddy"
I drug out some rarely-played-with toys like the nativity set to keep Avery entertained on the couch (She's obviously feeling a little better here)
I don't know if you can see all the stickers on her shirt, but Kendall kept herself busy for awhile with the princess stickers
having a snack and reading books after she woke up from her nap
Avery built a castle when she woke up
The Fort Worth Zoo
feeding the parakeets

0 comments: