Monday, February 08, 2010
Kendall's School B-Day Party
Kendall's real birthday is on Thursday, but since they are having Valentine's parties that day at school, her teachers and I decided that today would be the best day to celebrate her birthday up there. Yesterday I made cupcakes, which was a bit of an experiment because I had never made cream cheese icing, and I also had to color it purple. Avery was helping me stir it and no matter how much food coloring I added she just kept saying, "I think it looks kinda grayish." Eventually we let Scott at it, and he was apparently more aggressive with the food coloring and managed to make it a lovely light purple. Here's how they turned out. Definitely not professional or anything, but plenty good for a 2 yr. old.

I meant to take a picture of Kendall this morning in her "Birthday Girl" shirt but I forgot, so I thought, "I'll just take a few when we get home this afternoon." Of course, she was covered in chocolate cake and purple frosting when I picked her up, but I still had to have some pics. So now they just show how much she enjoyed her party and her cupcakes at school! Happy Almost Birthday Kendall!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment