CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last Day of Young Children's World

Last Thursday was Avery and Kendall's last day of school at YCW for the year. The last day is always fun, but emotional. I always get so attached to their teachers and I'm never ready to give them up and move on. But now that Avery's been going there for 3 yrs, I know that I'll grow to love the next set of teachers just as much because they've all been great. I'm excited for Kendall to move up to the 2's and for Avery to start Pre-K there next year. Kendall's class got to go out and fly a kite on the last day, but Avery said they didn't really do anything special-- who knows? It's always so much fun though to go pick them up and to see their end-of-year gifts from the teachers and to get their "Me" books with all their precious little pictures of things they did during the year. This year Avery got a "YCW friends" t-shirt with a picture of her and about 1/2 the kids in her class on it. Kendall got a sand pail decorated with her name and filled with bubbles, playdough, sunglasses, a beach ball, and more. I took a few pictures of Avery and Kendall with their teachers and of them playing at the "little" playscape after school. Now they are off to what I am calling "Mommy Preschool." I decided that since there is no summer session at YCW this year, we are going to do a sort of homeschool preschool 2 days a week to keep us busy and give us fun, interesting things to do. Wish me luck! I'm sure there will be a post on that later :)

Kendall and her main teacher, Ms. Sarah. These 2 loved each other!
Avery with her outstanding teachers, Mrs. Patty and Mrs. Christi
Kendall loves to go down the star slide
Sliding together. I don't know what Avery was looking at so intently!
Kendall had fun looking all the pics of her and her friends in her "Me" book
All the big kids like sitting on the stars more than sliding, Avery included. But she spends most of her playtime now in the big 2 story playscape and running around with her friends.

0 comments: