We found out this morning that Baby Bedichek #3 is a BOY!!!!! We were shocked, but thrilled! Avery and I both felt like it was a boy, but Scott was convinced it was a girl and nearly had me convinced too. Scott and the girls came with me to my appointment this morning, which was a lot of fun. Avery and Kendall thought it was so funny to see me get weighed, blood pressure taken, and to see me sit on the exam table. I think they just liked it being someone other than them going to the doctor. We heard the heart beat and saw the 4 chambers, saw the spine, the cerebral hemispheres, toes, fingers, and even saw him kicking and lifting his hands to his face. At one point it kind of looked like he waved. The girls just ate that up! And then Dr. New looked between the legs and said very confidently to Avery and Kendall, "You guys are gonna have a brother!" Avery was so proud that she had guessed right. He even printed out a picture with the little part circled so we would have proof for Scott's family which has six granddaughters and one grandson. It is still sinking in for Scott and I, but of course the more we think about it, the more excited we get. I just feel so lucky that since boys and girls are so different, I get to experience them both! I may need to revisit this post here in about a year or two when he's bouncing off the walls or I'm chasing him around trying to keep him out of trouble, but for the moment I just feel extremely blessed!
Monday, December 20, 2010
The Bedichek Name Lives On!
We found out this morning that Baby Bedichek #3 is a BOY!!!!! We were shocked, but thrilled! Avery and I both felt like it was a boy, but Scott was convinced it was a girl and nearly had me convinced too. Scott and the girls came with me to my appointment this morning, which was a lot of fun. Avery and Kendall thought it was so funny to see me get weighed, blood pressure taken, and to see me sit on the exam table. I think they just liked it being someone other than them going to the doctor. We heard the heart beat and saw the 4 chambers, saw the spine, the cerebral hemispheres, toes, fingers, and even saw him kicking and lifting his hands to his face. At one point it kind of looked like he waved. The girls just ate that up! And then Dr. New looked between the legs and said very confidently to Avery and Kendall, "You guys are gonna have a brother!" Avery was so proud that she had guessed right. He even printed out a picture with the little part circled so we would have proof for Scott's family which has six granddaughters and one grandson. It is still sinking in for Scott and I, but of course the more we think about it, the more excited we get. I just feel so lucky that since boys and girls are so different, I get to experience them both! I may need to revisit this post here in about a year or two when he's bouncing off the walls or I'm chasing him around trying to keep him out of trouble, but for the moment I just feel extremely blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Yaaaaaaay! I am so happy Mason is going to have a buddy! I was getting worried that he would be forever surrounded by girls at all family get-togethers!
Boys are so fun. You will have a blast chasing him everywhere...and keeping him from climbing everything!
Post a Comment