CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 07, 2011

32 Weeks

32 weeks- Just realized I'm wearing the exact same thing I was wearing in the previous post @ Avery's birthday party. That's good evidence right there that the wardrobe options are getting a little limited now because I'm outgrowing some of my shirts!

So I have reached 32 weeks now and the belly is already beginning to take on a torpedic quality. With the girls, this did not happen until the last month or so. But everything seems to be happening more quickly this time around, either because this is my 3rd pregnancy or because of the theory I'm leaning towards, which is that Judson is going to be bigger than my girls were. My doctor said he would start doing the ultrasound measurements every week starting in May to get an idea of how much he weighs, so it will be interesting to see if I am right or not. Who knows? I get quite a few surprised looks and comments when I say I have about 8 weeks left. Apparently lots of people think I look like I'm just about ready to pop. Luckily, I also get lots of, "You look so cute!" even though I can barely bend over and do NOT feel very cute anymore. I don't remember feel quite so incapacitated with either of the girls-- this time I've had to resort to pedicures because it's such an effort to bend over for that long and I've also started asking Avery and Kendall to pick things up for me off the floor. I'm lucky to have such sweet girls that will actually do it most of the time! And the afternoon snooze that I almost HAD to have for the first half of the pregnancy seems to be making a comeback as well. Oh the joys! I'm definitely torn on whether I want Judson to stay in for the full 7 1/2 wks longer so I can try to enjoy my last few weeks to ever be pregnant, or whether I want him to come early so I can be comfortable again. Guess it's a good thing that it isn't up to me to choose his birth date. One good thing is that we are super busy right now, so I really think that it's going to fly by. It seems that everything is building up to a huge crescendo right before Judson's birth. The next two weekends are a perfect example: this weekend we have a birthday party, Avery's soccer game,I'm going shopping with my Mom, church, and Scott is teaching financial Peace University @ 4:00 on Sundays. Next weekend we have Avery's soccer game, pictures @ the Dallas Arboretum, another birthday party, and the same routine on Sunday with church and FPU. Luckily, several things, including the end-of-year- preschool activities, Avery's soccer, and FPU will all come to a close by the middle or end of May. So unless he decides to come a few weeks early, life should be calmer when my sweet Judson is born and we can devote our time to trying to get some sleep and getting used to being a family of five.
This picture makes it look like I have some sort of bruise on my belly, but it's just a shadow that I couldn't seem to edit off.

1 comments:

Mike and Amy said...

Looking good!! It won't be long now! Can't wait to meet him!