CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 03, 2011

Judson's first week

The past week has gone by quickly, but it also already hard to imagine life without Judson! So far he has been a great baby and basically just eats, sleeps and fills his diapers. Of course I've been able to be quite attentive to him since my parents have been here helping out, but even so, he just seems to go with the flow and is not very demanding except when he's hungry. The past several nights he has gone to bed between 10 and 11, woken up twice to eat, and pretty much gone right back to sleep until 7:30 or 8. Hopefully that trend will continue and then get even better in a month or two. He has at least one period a day where he is in that quiet alert state and he just lies so still and quiet studying his world and whoever is around him. Those are such precious moments for me as a Mom! I love feeling like I am connecting with him even at this stage in his life. Avery and Kendall are doing pretty well so far with adjusting to having a newborn in the house. They have had their moments, but overall they both seem to really love their little brother and not be too jealous so far of the attention he is getting. In fact, Avery has been my Mom's biggest competition for holding him! She just goes on and on about how snuggly and warm he is and how good he smells. I'm sure I'll have to remind her of her love for him here in a few months when he's crawling around and getting into all her stuff!


2 comments:

KT said...

That first picture with Scott should definitely be blown up for a Father's Day gift. It is awesome!!

Mike and Amy said...

He is just so cute! I can't wait to hold him!!