Friday, June 24, 2011
One Month
Our little man is one month old now! In one way it seems like he has been around forever, but in another way it seems like time is flying by and he will be 6 months old or a year before I know it! Since he is our last, I find myself really wanting to cherish every stage and every minute I have with him. I wish there was a way to bottle up the way it feels to hold him in my arms so I could take it off the shelf later and experience it again. Despite the chaos we have around here at times when one or more child is crying, whining, or behaving badly, most of the time I am feeling so blessed-- truly like my cup runs over. And thankfully, the girls have adjusted really well for the most part and are being great big sisters and helpers.
At one month old, Judson is 11 lbs (80th %) and 22.25 in (70th %), so he is busy growing and is obviously a good eater. Right now he is eating about every 2.5-3 hrs during the day and has at least one 4-5 hr stretch at night. He has been going to bed around 11, waking up to eat between 2:30 and 3:30 and then again between 5:30 and 6:30, and going back to sleep until 8 or so. Definitely no complaints with that for now! Unfortunately, he has been having some tummy issues on and off, but when that's not bothering him he is a pretty chilled out little guy. He likes to just look around and take it all in. And even when his tummy does hurt, he usually just fusses or cries a little here and there, no incessant wailing or anything. He sits in his little bouncy seat or lays in his Nap Nanny and lets me take showers, cook meals, and help the girls out with things in relative peace. Some things he seems to enjoy at this point are being held by Avery and getting attention in general from his sisters, taking walks in the stroller, taking a bath (no crying for this little guy), and of course, eating. We are really looking forward to the smiles and laughs that will soon come and having some true interaction with our precious Judson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm going to have so much fun putting all of this in your digital storybook. So Precious!!! A fun year awaits all of us.
He is so precious! Wish we could get together. Maybe in another month or so.
Enjoy it as you said, Coop is almost 10 months. I can't believe it!
Post a Comment