CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Summer wrap-up

 In August we didn't really have any trips or events where we took a lot of pictures, but we did have quite a few small things and just some fun, everyday kinds of pictures that I wanted to post. 
Eating dinner outside on a uncharacteristically mild August evening
Scott and I went to Eddie V's off 7th street in Fort Worth to celebrate our anniversary.  The seafood was great and the dessert was even more amazing.  We had Eddie V's famous bananas foster with butter cake and pralines and cream ice cream. SO good!  Unfortunately the flames didn't show up in the picture :(
The girls helped me make this chocolate sheet cake (the Pioneer Woman's recipe) to celebrate my spiritual birthday.  This was something that Scott and I decided to start celebrating just this past year.  Everyone in the family has a journal that we write in on their spiritual birthday.  The kids are already looking forward to celebrating their spiritual birthdays one day.
My guys wearing their Johnny Cash t-shirts that I got for them at the Johnny Cash Museum in Nashville this summer.
Scott and I at the Rangers game
Avery wanted to trying hatching a chicken from a store bought egg. She used wooden puzzles and tinker toys to make an incubator and her guinea pig's timothy hay for the nest.  He idea was that maybe the sunlight coming in from the window in the nook would keep the egg warm enough.
The week before school started we met Sheila, Bailey, Braden and Brooklyn at McCalister's for lunch.
Judson was outnumbered 5:1. I guess Brooklyn managed to sit out of this picture.
 The Friday evening right before school started we all walked down to Granger for Meet the Teacher.  Avery has a sweet, cute, young teacher named Miss Henderson and Kendall has a bubbly, fun, but more seasoned teacher named Mrs. Schindler.  I think both are going to be great!  Here are a few pics from Meet the Teacher night.





And to wrap-up the summer I present
"A Bedichek Summer in Numbers":
8 swimming lessons at Keller Pointe
1 weekend at the lake
9 trips to the movies
1 week in New Jersey
1 amazing, whirlwind day in NYC
1 week in Tennessee with 3 horse rides, 1 visit to the petting zoo, and 1 museum
More trips to the pool than we could count
7 piano lessons (and still going)
11 Gymnastics practices (and still going)
1 day at Hawaiian Falls
8 memory verses learned during "Memory Verses with Mommy"


0 comments: