By now all of you know that we had our ultrsound last week and found out that we are having a GIRL!!!! I have been a very bad blogger and have not written anything in almost a month! So much has happened since then so I'm going to try to catch you all up:
During my 16th week- around Oct. 14th or 15th-- I felt our daughter move for the first time! We had just eaten dinner and i was relaxing on the couch with my hand on my belly. Then bloop-- there it was! I was a little unsure at first if it was the baby I was feeling, but after a couple nights of the same sensation I knew it was her. Since then her movements have gotten stronger and I feel her a lot more often. Even Scott has been able to feel her kicks a few times.
During my fall break- Oct 20, 21- my parents came and they painted the nursery for us. It is a light yellow (watch for it in the background of future belly pics). I am trying to decide between 2 different sets of bedding at the moment, both from Pottery Barn Kids. Then we had the ultrasound last Thurs, and that was so much fun! The sonographer said everything looked normal with the baby and she was about 99% sure it was a girl. She measured about 5-6 days bigger than my due date, but since it's within a week they aren't going to change it. We are probably going to do another ultrasound at Thanksgiving at the Cooper Clinic, so I guess we'll be able to confirm the sex then. I also have to have another ultrasound around 28 weeks to make sure the placenta has moved up a little higher since it is low-lying right now. As far as her growth, she is between 5 1/2 and 61/2 inces long from head to bottom and weighs about 9 oz. now. She is putting on fat, growing hair, and her skin is covered in vernix, the white paste that protects her skin from the amniotic fluid.
Mostly I am just enjoying feeling her move and knowing that she is a girl. It makes it so much more special now that I know. I already find myself wondering what she'll be like and thinking of all the hopes and dreams I have for her. She is so precious to me already!
PS- Hopefully, we'll eventually figure out how to post the ultrasound pictures, but we'll definately have a new belly picture on here in the next week or two.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment