
Today was Avery's first day of "school". She is going one day a week to Young Children's World at Richland Hills Church of Christ. I thought she looked so big this morning sitting by her "pack-pack", as she calls it, all ready to go. Naturally, I was a little nervous about it since it has been several months now since I have left her for an extended period of time (except with relatives of course), but she did great! She didn't cry when I left her and her little report had "happy" and "busy" circled for the day. The part I was most nervous about was whether she would take a nap on her mat, but she did with the help of her "ba-ba" (paci), "bankie" (blanket) and a little patting from the teacher. When I picked her up they were having free choice centers and she was sitting on the little couch looking at books (surprise, surprise). I enjoyed my free time, but I do have to say that I loved seeing her smile and run to me when I went to pick her up. I guess today was the first little step of many to come in her growing up and my letting go. It' s hard to think that in a just a few short months, she won't be the baby anymore-- she'll be the big sister!
Two quick comments on that note. . .
1. I have been enjoying the kicks of #2 since early last week.
2. We find out whether Avery will have a brother or sister on Monday, so stayed tuned!
3 comments:
She is so cute and looks so grown up in that picture!! I'm glad she enjoyed her first day of school.
I can't wait to find out what you guys are having. I'm predicting a boy!!
Heather, she is just precious! I can't believe how grown up she looks. I am thinking boy!
Yea! I can't wait to check your blog on Monday!!
Post a Comment