CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Avery's 1st Egg Hunt

This year was Avery's 1st year to actually hunt Easter eggs. They had egg hunt at school and then after church Sunday we hid eggs in the front yard for her. Not very fancy, I know, but she had a good time and I don't think she missed the cotmpetition of other kids in the least. Here are a few pics of our Easter.




We have been busy gearing up for Avery's birthday party on Saturday. We are just having a family party here at the house with hamburgers and hot dogs that we'll throw on the grill and an ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. Ice cream is her favorite dessert-- like mother like daughter!-- and last year that is all she ate at her party. She wouldn't even touch the cake, much less eat it. So I decided ice cream cake was definitely the way to go.

As far as Kendall goes, she is growing and smiling more these days. Her little smiles just melt my heart and she is so sweet and cuddly. I just wish I had more time to sit and hold her. I don't know that the higher doses of meds have really helped her reflux, plus she's been having even more gas and tummy aches lately. Thankfully, she has good days and good moments mixed in with the bad. I just keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. I've also become convinced that God is using her not only to make me a better mother, but also to mold me more in His image. Last night it hit me just how many opportunities I am getting as I care for and raise my girls to practice many of the fruit of the Spirit-- kindness, gentleness, self-control, peace, patience, love and joy. Children truly are a blessing from God!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I love the pictures!! It looks like Avery enjoyed her Easter. Hope you're hanging in there with 2 kiddos! Miss you guys!

Jeny said...

I like what you said about the opportunities to learn and grow spiritually as we care for our children. I had a friend who encouraged me to pray prayers of thanksgiving for tough situations so that they could be times of learning and strenghtening. It is sure hard to thank God for the kids testing their limits so that they can learn obedience and I can learn patience. Thanks for the reminder! Avery's birthday outfit was so cute. Where did you get it?

KT said...

Avery's dress is gorgeous! Where did you get it? You have such a great attitude! You're already a wonderful mother! Happy B-day Avery! I can't believe our girls are already having their bdays again.