It is hard to believe in a way, but Kendall was one month old this past Tuesday. I took her for her check-up yesterday, and she weighed in at 8 lbs 14 oz. That sounds little, but when you consider that she was just over 6 lbs at birth and was 7 lbs two weeks ago, she's doing pretty good! Unfortunately, her reflux isn't getting any better, so they increased her dose of both Zantac and Bethanechol. Since she weighs more now, hopefully a higher dose will help the problem. It's just frustrating to see your baby uncomfortable and in pain, especially when she seems so calm when the reflux and gas aren't acting up. One minute I feel like she's this miserable, colicky-type baby, and the next minute I think she's an angel. Needless to say, we are looking forward to her getting a bit older and hopefully outgrowing her digestive troubles. As much as I never wanted to have a colicky baby, I almost hope that her troubles qualify as that since they say most babies magically outgrow it at 3 months. Thankfully, she is sleeping pretty well at night: she's been getting up around 2:30 and then again at 5:30 to eat and going right back to sleep, but last night she didn't get up until 3:45 and then again right around 7:00. Hopefully that trend will continue! Yesterday Scott and I both got smiles out of her that we think were real ones since she was calm at the time and making eye contact. I am so looking forward to more smiles and coos. I guess I just remember how magical it seemed when Avery started responding to me.
Speaking of Avery, I had the most priceless conversation with her this morning at breakfast. It went like this.
A: Do you like bibles?
Me: Yes, I'm so glad God gave us the Bible to read.
A: God loves you.
Me: And God loves you, so much.
A: God loves Kendall too.
A: God is gonna hold Kendall.
Me: Yes, one day he will.
A: When God gets older.
A: God wears earrings.
Me: You think so?
A: Uh-huh
And then as randomly as it started, the conversation ended and turned to something else. She never ceases to amuse and amaze me, although at this point I could really go for less verbal persistence. She will ask and ask and ask something until you answer her and sometimes keeps asking, especially when I'm occupied with Kendall. Enough negativity-- on to the birthdays! Tomorrow we are celebrating Scott's birthday along with my sister's at my parents' house. And then in a few weeks it will be Miss Avery's turn. So Happy Birthday to my awesome husband that I could never make it without! He is such a wonderful support to me and such an amazing father!
Speaking of Avery, I had the most priceless conversation with her this morning at breakfast. It went like this.
A: Do you like bibles?
Me: Yes, I'm so glad God gave us the Bible to read.
A: God loves you.
Me: And God loves you, so much.
A: God loves Kendall too.
A: God is gonna hold Kendall.
Me: Yes, one day he will.
A: When God gets older.
A: God wears earrings.
Me: You think so?
A: Uh-huh
And then as randomly as it started, the conversation ended and turned to something else. She never ceases to amuse and amaze me, although at this point I could really go for less verbal persistence. She will ask and ask and ask something until you answer her and sometimes keeps asking, especially when I'm occupied with Kendall. Enough negativity-- on to the birthdays! Tomorrow we are celebrating Scott's birthday along with my sister's at my parents' house. And then in a few weeks it will be Miss Avery's turn. So Happy Birthday to my awesome husband that I could never make it without! He is such a wonderful support to me and such an amazing father!



2 comments:
Heather-I can totally relate to the reflux. Anderson is like two comletely different babies when he's uncomfortable and then relaxed! We have been through 4 types of formula, countless meds and doses, an ultrasound-and have now been referred to a specialist! Hang in there. We were lucky ,also, in the fact that it never had a huge impact on his night sleeping!!! Precious pictures!
I'm so sorry for your baby reflux. That's hard. Cute conversations with Avery - your girls are so sweet!
Post a Comment