CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Top Ten

After my afternoon and evening yesterday were filled with 2 tantrums and every excuse in the book to avoid going to sleep at bedtime (all by precious daughter #1), I decided to switch my focus onto the positive things about my children. Without further delay, here are my Top Ten Things I love About Avery and Kendall.


Top Ten Things I Love About Avery:
1. Her belly laughs
2. Her sweet spirit (Last week she actually thanked me for taking her outside to play!)
3. Her use of hand motions and her facial expressions when she talks
4. Her made-up songs
5. Her love for Kendall and the way she can make Kendall laugh like no one else can
6. Her intelligence
7. Her love of reading
8. Her prayers and the things she says about God/Jesus
9. Her (usually) good manners
10. Her love of shopping and pretty clothes, shoes, etc

Top Ten Things I Love About Kendall:
1. Her smile and smiley eyes
2. The way she hooks her arm around my neck and hugs me when I get her out of her crib
3. Her open-mouth kisses
4. How easily amused she is -- she'll play with a sock, a piece of paper, anything!
5. The way she worships her sister and laughs so hard at her
6. The way she waves at and tries to play with people sitting behind us in church
7. Her sweet baby breath
8. Her beautiful, soft skin (especially on her cheeks and neck-- so kissable!)
9. The way she "talks"to Avery
10. The way she can entertain herself while I am doing chores and other things around the house

When Scott saw what I was writing a minute ago, he asked why I wasn't doing Top Ten things I Love about him. So I think I'll take him up on that challenge, although honestly, it might be hard to narrow it down to 10!

Top Ten Things I Love About Scott:
1. The way he supports me in all areas of life and always tells me what a great Mom I am.
2. What a wonderfully caring, yet hilariously fun Daddy he is.
3. How hard he works to make the practice successful.
4. The diligence he puts into our personal finances as well as the business finances.
5. The way he always strives to learn and become a better individual.
6. His passion for football.
7. The way he always lightens the mood and makes things more fun!
8. The way he knows me better than I know myself sometimes.
9. The sacrifices he makes and sweet things he does for the girls and I on a daily basis.
10. How he's always striving to develop a deeper relationship with God, a deeper understanding of His word, and to be a better servant and Christian.

I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and two beautiful, healthy, precious daughters!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat post! I think I will try that in the near future. I am behind on some posts, then I will work on this. Good Idea!