Yesterday Scott watched the girls for a few hours while I did some grocery and Christmas shopping and apparently they all went a little crazy without me! No, actually Scott has been so sweet lately to let me escape on Sunday afternoons so I can have some alone time (despite his goofy appearance here, he is a pretty smart guy!). I was finding myself completely exhausted after getting everyone ready for church and then going through the whole routine once we were there that I was beginning to dread Sundays, which was NOT the attitude I wanted to have. And once we were home, I had no energy or patience left to sit down and play with the girls. So my sweet hubby began insisting that I take a few hours off every Sunday, and I must say that it has been stellar! It's amazing what a few hours can do to recharge you and help you gear up for the week ahead. Speaking of gearing up, I need to go wrap a few presents for our Christmas with the Bedicheks since we are celebrating it on Thanksgiving this Thursday! Pics of that are sure to follow next weekend.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Silly Sunday
Yesterday Scott watched the girls for a few hours while I did some grocery and Christmas shopping and apparently they all went a little crazy without me! No, actually Scott has been so sweet lately to let me escape on Sunday afternoons so I can have some alone time (despite his goofy appearance here, he is a pretty smart guy!). I was finding myself completely exhausted after getting everyone ready for church and then going through the whole routine once we were there that I was beginning to dread Sundays, which was NOT the attitude I wanted to have. And once we were home, I had no energy or patience left to sit down and play with the girls. So my sweet hubby began insisting that I take a few hours off every Sunday, and I must say that it has been stellar! It's amazing what a few hours can do to recharge you and help you gear up for the week ahead. Speaking of gearing up, I need to go wrap a few presents for our Christmas with the Bedicheks since we are celebrating it on Thanksgiving this Thursday! Pics of that are sure to follow next weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That picture of Kendall is hilarious! Isn't it great to have husbands who understand the importance of a break!
We do the same thing on Saturday mornings. It's my time, unless Kyle plays golf and then I go when he gets home. Glad you've found something that works for you guys.
Take Care!
Post a Comment