CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

10th Anniversary weekend

Last Friday was mine and Scott's 10th anniversary! It's hard to believe that it has actually been 10 yrs! We were supposed to go to Austin for a perio conference/anniversary getaway at the Four Seasons, but the girls and I were sick with a stomach virus all week, so we had to change our plans at the last minute. Kendall was sick Tues thru Wed. morning, then I got sick Wed night, Avery was sick Thurs morning, and then after almost 36 hours after her last "episode", Kendall started throwing up again Thurs. night. I did not set foot out of the house all week! We were so bummed to miss out on our trip, but everyone was mostly over it by Friday night, so we made some last minute plans to stay Sat. night at the Gaylord Texan to try to salvage our anniversary celebration. Avery actually the spent the whole day Saturday with my parents, and then we dropped Kendall off after her nap and headed over to the hotel to check in. Scott and I went to dinner, did some shopping, and then walked around inside and outside the hotel (it's huge!). We both slept so hard and really enjoyed sleeping in for a change. We went to a late breakfast at La Madeline, did a little more shopping for a lamp to go with our new bedroom furniutre (which, by the way, was delivered the morning after I had been sick and about 5 minutes after Avery threw up for the first time--what timing!), and then met up with my parents and the girls after they got out of church. It was such a relaxing little getaway that was desperately needed! After a little taste of relaxation and freedom, we are really looking forward to a trip to Hawaii for the ADA meeting in 2010! Although Scott and I did not take any pictures of ourselves since I forgot the camera, my parents provided us with plenty of pictures of what the girls did while we were gone. Thank you so much Mom and Dad for taking such good care of them and letting us enjoy a night away! You're the greatest!

playing with play-doughwatching cartoons Sunday morning
Josie got to have a "Mimi and Poppi sleepover" too, complete with a new bone
Kendall playing with the little Bible- Mim and Poppi said she did great on her first time to stay away from Mommy for the night
the glamour girl playing dress-up in my old dance costumes
all dolled up for churchsweet sisters- they love to hold hands and run around together now

1 comments:

KT said...

I've heard the Gaylord is a great place for pics. What did you think?