CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Today at lunch Avery and I had a conversation about her favorite things. I was amazed at how quickly she responded to most of my questions and how confident she seemed of her answers. I guess 3 yrs is plenty of time for an opinionated little girl to decide what she does and doesn't like! So here's a little list of Avery's favorites at age 3:

Main dish: Macaroni & cheese,pizza, soft cheese taco, cheese ravioli, chicken nuggets
Restaurant: Chick-Fil-A
Fruit: strawberries
Dessert: ice cream
Snack: string cheese
Toy: princess jewelry box & dress-up clothes
Church song: Our God is an Awesome God
Drink: Chocolate Milk ("it's really good!")
Princess: Sleeping Beauty
Book: big princess book w/ stories of all 6 Disney princessses
TV shows: Arthur, Dora

Yesterday I happened to take some pics of her playing her favorite thing--dress-up. The costume she is wearing is one of my old dance costumes. After checking herself out in the mirror she asked me to spray sparkles in her hair and she decided she needed to put on her "make-up". Too bad I didn't take any pictures today of her riding her tricycle down the sidewalk wearing her sleeping beauty dress, jewelry, and princess house slippers!
applying sparkle stick. . .

and lipgloss. . .
and here's the finished product!

Kendall has some definite favorites as well. Here's a little list I compiled for her:

Main Dish: pizza, hot dogs, chicken nuggets (really that's about all she eats!)
Restaurant: Bosses pizza, Chick-Fil-A
Fruit: strawberries
Dessert: ice cream (but she loves anything sweet)
Snack: Gerber fruit snacks
Toys: any kind of doll(baby dolls,Dora, Ariel and Belle dolls) , play food and dishes, Little People
Drink: juice (although she only gets one cup a day)
Book: anything with photos of babies or animals, Avery's princess books
TV show: Barney-- if Avery would stop hogging the TV and let her watch it

She's getting much better at expressing her favorites too in the past few weeks. She is learning new words all the time now--she can probably say somewhere between 50 and 75 words-- and she is starting to put 2 words together a little bit too. A couple of the ladies at church that help out in the nursery are teaching her some Spanish as well. She can say "Si", "gato"(cat), and some of the numbers in Spanish. It's pretty cute if I say so myself. Her articulation isn't the best, but we can understand most of her words and it sure is fun to finally get a window into what she is thinking and what she knows. She is surprising us and making us laugh every day!

1 comments:

Mike and Amy said...

I can't believe how big Kendall is getting! And she's talking! Wow! We really miss our sweet girls and can't wait to see them in Sept.!!