
Kendall turned 18 months old last week! She is really growing up, but I sometimes forget to treat her like the big girl she is becoming because she is just such a little thing, and I guess also because she's the youngest. At her checkup she weighed 22 lbs 8 oz (just under the 25%), and was 32 in (50-75%). Other than the fact that she still takes Zantac for reflux, she is a healthy, growing little girl. She can feed herself with a spoon, is beginning to run and climb, and can follow directions really well. She knows the colors purple and pink, lots of body parts, can count to 5, and knows a circle and triangle. In the past month or so her vocabulary has really exploded. She says new words every day and is using some 2 word phrases and short sentences like "I see Doda (Dora)!", "Hold you", or "It's Avey (Avery)." I never want to sound like I'm bragging about my kids, but the speech pathologist in me just really likes to keep track of their speech and language development. I always feel like they should be doing well in that area too since they have a bit of an advantage. One of Kendall's favorite things to do is to read books. She really enjoys being read to and also likes to read to herself. It's quite funny actually because we will often find her in her room or Avery's room with about 10 books on the floor around her and she is just jabbering away nonstop as she looks at the pages. Most of it is nonsense, but she will usually stick in a real word or two describing something she sees on the page like "pincess" (princess) or "puppy". Although I would like her articulation to improve so people can understand her better, I will miss some of the funny ways she says things like "Missy Me" for Minnie Mouse and "ooks" for ears. Lately she and Avery have been doing this thing where they go lay down by each other somewhere and "talk". Sometimes Avery sings to Kendall and sometimes they really do talk, although the conversation is kind of one-sided since a lot of Kendall's is jibberish. It's really cute. Some of the other things she enjoys doing right now are swinging, playing in the sand, getting horsie rides from Daddy, playing hide and seek, playing with all kinds of dolls, having pretend picnics, painting and coloring, and listening to music. She will start "school" in about 3 weeks with Avery at Richland Hills C of C. Hopefully the transition will be a smooth one since it is already a familiar place to her. She does fine when we leave her with relatives and at church, so we are hoping that she will get used to it quickly and really enjoy all the activities. This time around ( asw opposed to w/ Avery), I already know I will tear up when they hand me her "Me Book" at the end of the year and I see how much she has grown and see all the precious pictures of what she did in her time away from me. Although sometimes I think the terrible twos are already setting in and wishing we could skip over some of that, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds in store for Miss Ken!





0 comments:
Post a Comment