CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 07, 2009

Top Dentist reception and Friday fun


Last night Scott and I attended a reception for his "Top Dentist of 2009" award given by Ft Worth magazine. Since we didn't get any pictures of ourselves on our 10th anniversary a couple of weeks ago, we had my Mom snap a couple of us all dressed up before we left. The reception wasn't a huge deal really, just a little gathering with all the award winners and some schmoozers (sp?) from Ft Worth magazine. But we did get to go to a nice country club, eat some delicious food, and enjoy adult company for a few hours. Can't ask for much more when you spend most of your nights playing pretend, giving horsey rides, and wrangling two little girls into pajamas!

Today the girls and I were playing in the backyard after lunch and as I was pushing Avery I had one of those moments where I just wanted to freeze time and remember her at that exact moment. It sounds a little hokey, but she just seemed so carefree and full of life-- singing and laughing with her hair blowing as she swung back and forth. Only a professional photographer (or at least one a lot better than me) could have captured the monent the way I wanted to, but at least I made an effort to come inside to get the camera and snap a few pictures. After Avery finished swinging, she decided to join Kendall in the sand box and they had so much fun that we pushed back nap time a little bit and just enjoyed the moment-- sweltering heat and all!




0 comments: