CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Pigtails

Avery is really into playing Star Wars right now. Her Daddy got her hooked on it by watching little snipits of it whenever it comes on (which is a lot!). And of course now that we switched to AT&T Uverse, we have all 6 of them recorded on our DVR. According to Avery, her favorite princess right now is Princess Lea (sp?). She's has been asking me to do her hair like Lea's, but I have told her numerous times that it would have to be really long for it to work right. When she kept asking me today when her hair was going to grow long enough, I decided to give in and told her we would try a similar hairdo. So here's what we came up with--pigtails w/ the ends tucked in the rubber band to make a loop.

Then Kendall decided she wanted in on the pigtails. Avery was flicking hers w/ her hands and then Kendall said, "I want pigtails," and started running toward Avery's room to the drawer with all the hair accessories. She actually started crying when I was putting them up, but Avery and I were able to distract her and eventually get her to smile for some pictures. Then she actually left them in almost until naptime when one fell out because she was doing her upside down, standing on her head routine. I thought she looked like such a big girl w/ them. I can't wait until her hair gets thicker and longer so I can fix it more!

Avery decided to share her headband for the second pic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaylee still has no hair hardly! We are still using bowbands!But they are cute too! AND now she loves wearing them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your girls are growing so fast. They are beautiful!!! It looks like yall have had a busy summer.

Cindy said...

Too cute. We love star wars here too thanks to Jason!