Kendall is 10 today- double digits! She brings us much pride and joy, and we love seeing the ways God works in her and through as she grows. One Saturday back in the fall she wanted to “go somewhere” on her bike, but since I don’t have a bike I agreed to let her lead the way and walk behind her. As she rode ahead of me, I found myself enjoying watching this little girl that used to be attached to my hip choose her way and revel in her freedom and independence. On our way back home, she decided to stop and play at the neighborhood playground for a bit. And as I watched her run and play and laugh It felt like I was watching the clock of her childhood begin to tick down. It was bittersweet, being proud of the way she has grown and all the independence and confidence she seems to have gained over the past year, but at the same time wanting to see her laugh and play and be carefree forever. I knew it was one of those moments that, as a mother, I would treasure in my heart forever. So it seems very fitting that for her birthday she wanted a new bike- a perfect gift for helping her enjoy both her new-found independence and the remaining carefree, fun moments of childhood. We also celebrated her as a family on Sunday after church with a special lunch at Olive Garden and she also shared a purple and turquoise-decorated cookie cake with her class at school. Happy birthday and we love you Kendall!
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment