CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pretending to be a big kid. . . and a dog!

In my last post I wrote about us spending the weekend with 2 of our nieces while their parents were on a cruise. They love to play board games, and Avery loved to do anything they did, so she "played" board games too! She sat down on her own exactly where the 4th player should sit and moved her little game markers on the board. She thinks she's so big! She is doing a lot of big-girl things now like telling me when she wants milk- "mil", water- "waba", a snack- "na" or her paci- "baba" (no idea where that one came from). She is saying so many words now and imitates new ones every day. The speech pathologist in me is of course very proud. She has also started trying to feed herself using a spoon. I have to scoop the food on there, but she can usually hold it and get it to her mouth.

Today we went to the park for a little bit and we always let Josie out of her kennel 1st thing when we get home. Avery decided to climb right in and see what it's like to be a dog for a little while. It was probably more because she had just been crawling in tunnels and going down tunnel-slides at the park and the kennel just seemed like another tunnel to her. I had to coax Josie to stay in there a while so I could get some pictures-- I just couldn't pass up the photo-op.

On the business front, Scott met with the interior designer yesterday and made his final choices on stained cement, carpeting, cabinetry, counters and woodwork. We have started shopping for waiting room furniture and are thumbing through catalogs of furniture for Scott's personal office. Today some of the digital x-ray stuff came along with Scott's new laptop for the office-- which means we now have a home laptop- yea! Now I have computer access during the day! Scott went up to Durant today to pick up some dental chairs from a friend of his that we are going to have re-covered for the office. Things are moving fast and furious and we are just hoping that it all gets accomplished and falls into place in time for a June 19th opening!


4 comments:

Alexis said...

That picture is so funny of Avery in the dog cage! She is adorable....and Josie too!

Noe Family said...

Yall are super busy!! We wish Scott the best of luck. Hope to see yall soon. Andrea P.S. We're hanging out with Neil and Jeny this weekend at his parents house. Don't really know why I told you that...but I did:-)

Julia said...

I'm so excited I came across your blog today! We live in Keller (just moved from pretty close to where you are), so not too far. Its fun to see how you & your family are doing! Corey & I are great - we have 2 girls who keep us busy! I hope we'll see you guys sometime - it would be fun to catch up!
Julia Russell

Jennifer H. said...

Hi Heather and Scott! I just came across your blog today and wanted to say, "Hi!" Congratulations, Scott, on finishing dental school. How exciting to be opening your new practice. We live in the Flower Mound area but visit Keller quite often. Good luck!

Jennifer Hawes